*CHAPTER FIFTEEN*

The water they had didn't last long

Naturally, everybody wanted some. William, Marisa, Sparna and Liam brought back as much as they could using some baskets that Lany, Nico, and some others made. They weren't the best, but they could carry water, and that's what mattered. 

After the four came back to the cave, others were forced to be chosen to go. They still needed enough people to stick around and help with the weapons and the injured, and they weren't going to rely on the weaker to deliver or risk sending too many people out at once in case something actually did happen. Lanier was chosen-for he apparently saved Quinn and killed the monster-along with Zeke and Orion, whom were some of the physically strongest. Then, there was Naya, someone who volunteered because of pure boredom.  

None of them had even seen a monster.

"Okay; Jayed, Hedi, Eira, and Dylan. You're up," Marisa said after the other four came back, handing each of them a basket.

Jayed's eyes went wide in panic. "Wait, what? Why me?" He was tempted to throw his basket across the cave, but he knew that would be too wasteful.

"You four are the only ones that haven't gone. It's your turn."

"Well, what about Talon and Nico? They haven't gone either!"

"Nico's the youngest here and Talon can't walk," Naya said. Jayed could see Nico's annoyed face in the corner of his eye, Sparna calming him down before he said anything. "Honestly, Jayed, would you send a cripple out in the wild? Even I don't swoop that low." He didn't mention the fact that he still had a slight limp.

"Of course not!" And it was true. He was just terrified. It made him feel like a jerk, but he didn't want to die. Sweat started to cover his hands. "Well, I have to take care of Quinn! He's sick!"

Quinn shook his head. "No, I'm not!" He said, holding back a cough. It made his face turn even paler.

"Stop denying it, Quinn, we all know it," William said, shaking his head.

"Jayed," Hedi started, turning him towards him. "we'll be fine. Everyone else came back unharmed, right? That means that there probably won't be monsters in the area."

He wanted to believe Hedi. He really, really did. But he knew he wouldn't be able to get out if it anyways, not without getting disapproval from everyone in the group. "Fine. I'll do it." Hedi smiled, grabbing Jayed on both of his shoulders and shaking him in approval. Jayed blushed, wiping the sweat on his palms off on his shirt. It still didn't help.

"Now we just need someone to look after Quinn," Hedi said.

It didn't take long for someone to volunteer. In fact, nobody else even got a chance to speak before he did. "Uh, I'll do it," A voice near the back of the cave said. Jayed's head turned to the source, surprised when he found out who made it.