=CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN=

There was a silence in the group

There was a silence in the group. Zeke's arms went limp around Marisa, her words echoing in their heads. 

"Yeah, she's an idiot," Dylan said finally, pointing at Marisa.

"How are we going to leave?" Lany asked. "I don't know if you've noticed, but we don't have a boat."

After that, everyone started getting involved, stating their own opinions.

"We could make a raft, right?" 

"For twelve people? Yeah right. You're just as crazy as Marisa."

"We can just go back to the cave and wait for a helicopter to come by building a fire?"

"That's a terrible idea, the monsters will find us and we'll either be trapped or demon chow."

How about camping a different place each night?

"How about setting a fire far away from where we are to draw them away from us?"

"We already did that, Hedi! They're all just burnt out!"

"Then let's light them again!"

"GUYS!" 

Everyone stopped arguing, and turned their heads to Marisa. She was bunching up her fists by her side, her face hot with rage. "Do you honestly think I would suggest leaving if I didn't have some plan or at least good reason? I have it all planned out!"

Dylan pushed Eira and Orion, the people standing closest to him, aside, a smirk on his face. He turned around to face the group. "See? That is exactly why I was telling you guys that we should go. You should learn to listen to me more often."

Hedi shook his head. "Alright, that does it-" He started charging at Dylan, but Jayed ran to stop him. 

"Damn it, Jayed, I would have wanted to see Hedi mess him up," Lany whispered to the boy. Jayed tried to hide his smile.

"Hedi, we can't turn on each other," said Nico. "No matter how mad you are at him. When it comes down to it, we depend on each other for survival. If you beat Dylan up, what are the chances that he'll save you if you're in peril?"

Dylan smiled mockingly, crossing his arms. Hedi glared at him. The worst part was that Nico was right. Completely. They were a team, and they needed to keep it that way.

Zeke asked Marisa what her plan or reason was. She explained how she, Sparna and Liam had found a cave when they were looking for food and water, and how it had a bunch of messages and supplies in it. She said most of it was damaged from a rock fall, but some might have been salvageable. Plus, she explained how it looked like a person had been there, and how they might have records of some sort as to how to escape during an emergency.

"Do you remember where this cave is?" asked Ty.

Marisa clutched her head. "Well, um, I should be able to remember... there were some distinct landmarks I guess."