*CHAPTER SIXTEEN*

"Alright, Quinn, do you feel any pain right now?" Quinn shook his head, but Lany raised his eyebrows

"Alright, Quinn, do you feel any pain right now?" Quinn shook his head, but Lany raised his eyebrows. "You can't keep lying to me, or I can't help you."

Quinn sighed. "Okay. Fine. I'm dizzy, my whole body feels like shit, and my chest burns, probably with vomit."

Lany nodded. "Finally, you admit it. Thank you."

"Yeah. I feel like I need to vomit every ten seconds, and I'm in so much aching pain that I can't even drink or talk or even keep my eyes open without feeling its power."

"Then sleep."

"I can't get any more sleep, that's all I've done for the past few hours."

Lany sighed, not sure what to say. "Then don't sleep."

"Then I'll still be in pain."

"I don't know what to tell you, Quinn! Do whatever you want, okay?" He leaned himself up against the wall, crossing his arms.

Quinn looked at him, begging his head to stop spinning for one second. "Why'd you do it?" He asked.

Lany looked at him. "What do you mean?" He responded, but his look wasn't fooling Quinn.

"You know what I mean, Lany." He didn't answer. "You could get sick, yet you're still taking care of me."

Lany sighed. "Don't laugh, okay?" Quinn nodded, and he knew he had to try his hardest to keep his promise or Lany would get really angry at him. Luckily for him, it was hard to do anything at the moment.

He let out one more sigh, and started to speak. "I was... lonely."

Quinn didn't laugh, but he was surprised. "You? Lonely?"

"Hey, everyone gets lonely!"

"No, I know, I know. It's just, I didn't think you, um... You don't seem like someone that likes people that much."

"To be honest, I don't." That's when Quinn did laugh. He let out a huge laugh mixed with a huge cough, and he had to end up covering his mouth. 

"What's so funny?" Lany asked, looking genuinely confused.

"You say you don't like people, yet you're over here confessing your heart out to me."

"You were the one that wanted me to!" Lany defended.

Quinn shrugged. "Fair enough."

Lany bit his lip, obviously deciding on whether or not to continue. Quinn noticed he looked a little... upset? It was hard to read his emotions. "Getting all of your memories wiped away is pretty lonely, Quinn. I don't remember anything. Anything. You can't possibly imagine how... how isolating that is."

Quinn separated his lips, suddenly feeling very guilty. "Lany, I-I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay.  I don't blame you. I guess I'm not the easiest person to be friends with." Quinn didn't say anything, but he did agree with the last part, while he would never say that.