19

It was today that we were gonna visit him. Mr. Black. Mom was normal, her behaviour was fine. She was seeming good.

The day went relaxing. Everything was under control. I decided to call Rose,

"Hello?" She picked up,
"Hey," I said,
"Abby is it you?" She asked, for a minute this seemed weird, because she usually never replies like this, she's used to me calling her out of the blue,

"No, It's BTS' manager," I said sarcastically,

"Duh, I believed you..." she said, and laughed,

"I really wish I could leave all this and actually become their manager,"

"You gotta go to Korea for that, and it costs money," She whined,

"Reality hits hard, doesn't it?"

"Absolutely, anyway what's up?"

"You're free today, right?"

"Um, yeah why?"

"When shall we go to meet him?"

"Meet who?"

"Mr. Black? The guy dealing with all the spooky things?"

"Oh yeah, right, I'll come by in 10 mins," She said.

"Okay,"
.
.
.
I met her in the park. She wore a simple attire. Jeans, top and her usual Nike shoes.
"Hi!" I said hugging her. I had booked us a cab,
And we paved our way towards Mr.Black.
After half an hour, we reached.

"It looks like that's the place." Rose said pointing at a house which suited the description given by the librarian.

"Let's go then," I said,

She nodded. We headed to the house and our guess turned right.
The name plate read, "Andrew Black"

I rung the doorbell,

"Yes?" A husky voice entered from inside as the door opened,
"Um, we are here for Mr. Black," Rose said.

"It's me, what can I help you with?" He asked,

"I'm Abigail, this is Rose. We're actually in a bit of a problem, and someone told us you could help," I told him,

"You wanna come in?" He said calmly, with a welcoming smile.
We thanked him and entered in. The vibes already were felt by me and Rose. We looked at each other and gave each other an expression like, 'Do you feel it?'

"Have a seat. Will you mind some juice?" He asked us, formality.

"No, Thank you." I replied subtly with a smile plastering my face. He nodded and sat down in front of us.
"So, what brought you here?" He asked us both.

"Um, actually Mr. Black, we need help. Something very unusual is happening at my house, particularly, my Mom," I explained him the whole scene,

"Are you sure your mom's not involved in bad practices?" 

"What, no ofcourse not,"

"Abigail...its.." he was saying when I cut him off and said, "Please call me Abby, I prefer it." I said. He nodded and continued,

"So, Abby, if I had to take a quick guess after what you said, I'd say, you're mom's in a but of a danger,"

"You didn't even look at the matter, how can you be so sure?" Rose asked,

"The noises, which Abby mentioned, were not caused by her mom for sure, because humans don't have the capacity to go to such a low pitch voice." He said.

"So, what are you trying to say?" I asked politely.

"I mean, that there could be an entity different then you both in your house, maybe of rancorous nature." He said putting his glasses back in place.

"Can you come have a look?" I asked him,

"Sure, and please call me Andrew. I prefer it." He said with a smile. I nodded and returned his smile.
.
.
.

"What are you looking for? You need help?" I asked Andrew. He was searching here and there for something.
"Did you get any object from which you felt any kind of inhuman vibes?" He asked, looking at me.

"None. But..."

"But what?" He asked,

"But there is always some bad vibes coming from my mother's room. I don't know why I don't feel safe in there." I said pointing to mom's room.

"Can I see her room?" He said moving toward the room.
"Are you sure?" I asked,

He quietly nodded,

"Shh!" He slowly opened the door.
Darkness has embraced the entire room. Slowly, he entered the room, and started searching for the light switch. Soon, he switched the light on, and what I saw left me in awe. Pure awe.

There were crosses hanging upside down, the walls were fully covered in black scribbles. On the roof only one thing was written in black and red crayons, "They must die."

My jaw fell to the ground.

"GET OUT! GET OUT!" Mom emerged from nowhere and said this in a demonic voice, a voice which was so bold and obnoxiously loud,
That voice was certainly not hers. Her face was pale, her eyes were swollen, her hands were so thin.

"I SAID GET OUT!" She yelled, again.
Me and Andrew rushed out of the room.
"Now this is what a possessed person looks like." Andrew said, wiping the sweat off his forehead. My eyes were watery. Seeing my mom in this condition made my heart ache for her.

"Its fine Abby. She'll be okay." Andrew consoled me. He sat beside me and kept his hand a cross my shoulder. Patting my shoulders he said,
"My mom left me when I was four. Dad died in an accident when I was there. I know how its like."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I said.
"It's fine. You will have to help me do this. If you lose hopes, you won't be able to fight this thing ever, Abby. Stay strong. You will win." His words gave me strength, Power to fight this entity.

"Thanks Andrew." I said smiling. He nodded and we continued on to find a way, to save mom.

*

It just takes two seconds to hit the star, would ya?

~Sanchali