34

The next morning, Andrew had gone to pick Mr. Redwoods.
I was preparing breakfast when my room's door creaked open and mom walked out yawning.
"Hey Ma. Good morning." I greeted her.
"It seems like you've had a nice sleep." I said.
"Yeah. All thanks to you Abby. Thank you so much, honey." She hugged me.
"No mom. Don't thank me. Come, it's breakfast time!" I said clapping my hands.

We finished our breakfast talking about Prague. How Mom wanted to go there so badly. Prague was indeed a beautiful place. It was mom's dream destination.

The door creaked open. Andrew entered the house.
"Come in, Mr. Redwoods." He gestured.
A man, dressed in white and black coat, white-ish hair, with a little suitcase.
"Thank you, Andrew." He said. His voice was a bit hoarse.
"Hello, Mrs. D'costa. Andrew told me about you." He said, smiling.
"Mr. Redwoods. Please. Have a seat." I greeted him.
"And you are..." He asked.

"I'm Abigail D'costa. I'm her daughter." I replied.
"Oh. Nice to meet you, Abigail." He said.

"Abby, what's going on here?" Mom asked me. Her face potrayed pure confusion.
"Oh, mom. This is Mr. Redwoods. He's a well-known demonologist. He's going to help us with...you know?" I told her.

"Has something happened here before?" He asked.

"Before as in?" I wondered.

"Before you came in the house to live."

"I don't have an idea, Sir. We got this house for an auction. We weren't that well off at that time to buy a good house. This was the best we could buy."

"Oh. Well, I sense some vibes, which are not positive."

"Um, actually, the past days have been a lot worse." I said and narrated what ever happened till now to him.
About Alicia. Vega. And everything else.

"I don't think this is a work of one wandering spirit." He said after a long pause.

"Thoughts are mutual, Sir."
I said.
There was a minute of silence.
"We need your help, Mr. Redwoods." Andrew spoke.

"Yeah. I know. Can I see where all of this started?" He asked.
I nodded and leaded him to Mom's room.

"Oh my God." He exclaimed.
"What? What do you see?" I asked him. I had cleaned the room after the incident. It looked like every other room.

"Something awful must have happened here." He said, hesistijg to enter the room.

"Apart from your incidences. Something else. Way before." He said.

"But, we never really sensed it before. This all started a few months ago." I informed him.

"Then, there must be some activity that triggered it." He guessed.

Then it clicked inside my brain. Ouija Board. The Ouija summoning.

"Ouija." I managed to mumble with fear. What had I done.

"What did you say?" He asked.
"Ouija Board. Me and my friends played it." I said in a barely audible voice.

"That's it. That board is cursed. You summoned something that had the power of summoning other powerful entities." He said. Goosebumps took all over me.

"Vega." Andrew spoke.
"Vega." I repeated.
We both exchanged glares. He knew that I knew it. About all the summons.
"But, sir. How do we stop it? I mean, there must be some or the other way to get over with this right?" I asked, hope filling up inside me.

There was a minute long pause. I could feel the air rush through my hair making me tremble. Something felt wrong. The wind rushed past me, indicating me that something is wrong.
I looked at Andrew, he read me like an open book.

"I have been through a lot of cases, but this one...it seems to be difficult." He said.

"I need to know and gather some information. I'll keep contact with you. Till then, try to keep Mrs. D'costa, away from her room. We'll keep that room locked with a religious lock. Discard all the things that could attract more evil entities. Keep more of holy symbols like the cross in all possible corners of your house. I'll be back very soon. Wait for my call." He said.
I nodded at every thing he told us to do.

"But sir, last time we tried this keeping holy crosses everywhere thing. It didn't work out that well. Should we try it this time too?" I asked, recalling the last time.

"I can't say. Just keep those crosses."

"Okay."

After that, he left.
"Let's go and put the crosses. Also, we have to lock Mom's room." I said looking at Andrew. He nodded.
"Okay." He replied.

We locked mom's room with a huge iron lock and then covered the handles and the lock with a religious cloth.
We put the crosses at every corner of the house.
We did just as Mr. Redwoods said.

After an hour or so, we all sat down on the couches.
We just had to wait. Wait for Mr. Redwoods' call. Wait for things to change. Wait for everything to go back to normal. Just as it was before.

I triggered it. And now, I will put an end to this. Sufferings have done their chapter in our lives.
No matter what, I will, for sure, put an end, to all of this.
I promise.

Vote. Comment. Follow;)
~Sanchali.