22

We were in the asylum. "We need to know about someone." I enquired on the reception.
"Sorry Ma'am. We don't supply information about our patients to outsiders." The lady politely said.
"Please it's urgent." Andrew tried to persuade her but failed. Soon, a person in black coat and suit, gelled up hair and a stripped tie stood in front of us.

"Yes? How may I help you?" He asked.
"We need to know about a woman, called Alicia Marcus." I informed him.

"Alicia Marcus? How do you know her?" He asked suspiciously.
"Um, she was my mom's friend." I told.

"I see. Alicia was a good person. She obeyed every order. Also, she allowed us to get her into some treatments, but soon we found out, that she was into satanic rituals. She was into black magic. People were scared of her. In this situation, we had to keep her in an isolated room. We did not know that because of our carelessness, she'd go psychic." He narrated.

"Psychic? What made her go psychic?" Andrew asked.

"We don't have any idea. If we predict, it is maybe because of the loneliness, or the white walls. Who knows? We caught her talking to someone in the corners for hours, but whenever we asked her about this, she'd go all crazy. It was like she never wanted to tell us about it."

There were so many things to list down. Many paths went into several ways into my head, I was not sure which one could lead me to the crux of the problem.
"You said you put her into some treatments. Treatments for what?" I asked.

"When she came first, in the asylum, she was afraid. As in, her fore head was embraced with sweat. She was constantly looking here and there as if someone was behind her. We did assure her that she was safe, but still she had that frightened look." He explained.

"So, to being her back to her senses, you did some treatments on her?" Andrew asked.
"Yes."
"So, maybe, these tests did some thing to her?" I asked.
"No. I don't think so. No one has a clear clue." He said.

Me and Andrew were in the park in front of the asylum. Trying to solve this case of Alicia Marcus. That's when my phone rung. Mom.

"Mom?"
"Abby! Help me!" She yelled.
"Mom! What happened?!"
"She is trying to kill me Abby!"
"What!? Who?"
"Alicia." This time the voice didn't belong to mom. It was bold and showed the paleness.

"Alicia! Listen to me! You better stay away from my mom! Dare you touch her Alicia. Stay away from her! I know what happened with you! I know, it was you trying to contact us through the Ouija board. You were the one who killed Darren! I will give you whatever you want, but please don't do anything to my mom. She did not do anything!" I yelled back.

"Why should I trust you Abigail?" This time, it was mom's voice but the aggression in her voice clearly showed Alicia's revengeful spirit.

"Because I want to help you. Trust me". I tried to be kind.

"Okay. One chance. I will leave her. But you need to do what I say."

"Yes. Okay. Leave my mom."

"Don't Betray Me." She said. Thank my sub conscience. The phone was on speaker.
I glanced at Andrew. He had the same look as mine. I cut the call.
"Mom wrote this same sentence in her diary entry! It was the same freaking sentence Andrew!" I said recalling mom's diary entries.

"Shit." That's all he said.
"We need to go back home." I retorted firmly.
"We can't."
"Why? My mom is in danger. You heard her! And now you are saying that we can't go home?" I angrily said.

The telephone post in the park, rang. The manager of the asylum, made his way towards the phone. I saw him talking, his face turned pale. He frantically looked here and there. Then his eyes landed on me and Andrew. He called us. "Here. Its for you." He said handing over the phone to me. As soon as I took the phone he scooted from there. "Hello?" I asked.

"Abigail." Alicia. "What do you want Alicia?" I said angrily.

"Life." She hissed. "Wait, are you asking me to kill someone?" I retorted, my eyes widened when I heard her laugh demonically on the other side. I looked over at Andrew. He was worried.

"Exactly." Her voice scared the living daylights out of me. "Go to hell! I'm not killing someone for a dead person." I defended.

"Oh, is it so? Okay then. Hear your mom for the last time." She warned. "Abby!" I heard my mom screech. "Mom! Okay okay, Alicia. I'll do whatever you want, just don't touch my mom!" I yelled back at the phone. "Good. You will be getting signs on your way. Don't act smart. Don't betray me." She said and laughed demonically again. I quickly cut the phone. I walked towards Andrew. "She wants me to kill someone." I said sadly.

He didn't say anything. We just stood there, feeling the breeze. I never thought, I will have to kill someone just to save someone's life. And that too, when that 'someone' is your dearest person on this earth. We were heading to a farmhouse, where Alicia lived in the era of 1995. The manager gave us the address. Andrew looked at me, but I was busy in my own thoughts. The farmhouse looked primitive.

"What are we finding here?" I asked him. "Signs." He replied.

There was nothing but hay, wood, ladders, stable, where maybe, ten horses were kept. "Abby?" I heard Andrew call me. I walked to the other side of the farmhouse. He showed me some photographs. An elderly couple, and a little girl was in between them, and in the background were the horses and a sea. I could recognize the lighthouse behind them. "They must be her parents." I guessed. He nodded.

"Who are you?" We heard someone. It was an old man. "What are you doing here? Are you trespassing?" He asked. "No. sir. We are here to gather some information on a woman named, Alicia Marcus." Andrew explained.

"What! Don't ever take that name again!" He yelled angrily. "She's a curse!" He shouted at us making the situation even more confused.

Vote.Comment.Follow;)

Follow;)