9.

A/n what??? I'm not dead? Here's another chapter beautiful people

Y/n POV

After this mornings awkward.. encounter.. I needed some thinking time.

When Pete FINALLY left my room to go grab lunch from the cafeteria downstairs. I leave my room and walk out onto the public balcony. Thankfully it was empty. I look down over the ledge into a quiet side street where an elderly couple were walking hand in hand.

My thoughts get interpreted by a familiar voice.

"Wouldn't it be a shame if the so perfect y/n falls off a hospital balcony to her sad, sad death?" I turn and see my ex best friend, Kat.

"W-what the hell are you talking about? Why are you even here? Are you stalking me?" My heart is pounding.

"Oh not to fear y/n it's not like I have anything against you. Because you totally didn't snitch on me about my 'drug problem'." Her smirk grows.

"Kat you know I only did that to help you! You almost killed someone for gods sakes!" I defend myself.

"Shut up you fucking snitch. Do you know what's it's like not having an anchor to rely on? No. Drugs weren't even my anchor, they were my reliever. You were my anchor y/n!" She yells.

I look at my feet. "I-I'm sorry I thought I did the right thing even if I did lose you."

"Well guess what? You didn't!" She spits. "Maybe if I push you off this fucking balcony then you'll know you ruined my life!" She steps towards me.

The sliding door to the balcony opens. Kat turns around and I run away from the ledge to the door. I run right into a strong pair of arms. I look up and see Pete's loving eyes.

"What the hells going on?" He asks.

"Oh my gosh! Pete Wentz!! What are you doing here? Y/n and I were just having a nice talk." Kat says with a bright smile.

"I don't think so. Let's go y/n." Pete says taking me away.

"Fuck you y/n!" I here Kat say under her breath. Luckily Pete didn't hear her.

~

"Ok miss l/n you are free to go." The nurse dismisses me. Taylor, Andy, Joe and Patrick walk ahead of Pete and I as we exit the hospital.

Pete holds my hand for reassurance.

"Pete, I never got a chance to say how thankful I am." I begin.

"There's no need!" He says.

"But there is! Pete you saved my life. Not once, twice. You are a true hero! There has to be a way I can repay you!" I exclaim.

Pete stops. "Let me take you to dinner tonight."

I blush, "that could work."