{3} Be Yourself

|Quinn's POV|
The first day of summer. Free from teachers, annoying people and responsibility. Free to stop my coping mechanism, and be my true self.
"Hey Grandma!" I call out and crack a joke. She walks into my room with a serious look.
"You know Quinn, you don't have to act perfect in school, you can crack jokes there too, with friends." She emphasized the word friends. I sigh.
"Gram, I wish I could, I really do. But once you're gone, this dream job is the only thing I have left. The thought of it is the only thing that makes me happy and keeps me going besides you." My grandma sighs, walks over and hugs me.
"Okay, how about this. Make some friends, play outside, be a kid. Let me be like your parent for once, instead of you being your own." I give her a pleading look.
"Do I have to?" She nods and I sigh.
"But Gram. I don't know how to make friends." I see a tear roll down her cheek.
"Be yourself."

|Third Person POV|
Quinn decided to take a walk to a lake where she would swim. As Quinn arrived, she heard laughter. Children laughter. There remained Bill, Richie, Eddie, Stanley, Ben and Beverly, splashing in the water. Her grandmas words echoed in Quinn's head. Be yourself, be yourself, be you-
"Hey guys! Mind if I join you?" Quinn found herself saying to her surprise. And to theirs. Stan blushed madly, Richie squinted his eyes, disappointed to see it was "Quinnocent" herself, Bill and Ben shrugged their shoulders, Beverly smiled to see another girl and Eddie replied with, "Ya come on!" Quinn soon apologized, telling them she doesn't really know how to make friends. Beverly agreed, and the girls decided to become best friends.

This chapter is short af but i'll be posting a lot today since it's he weekend