Neuf 9

Jack's POV

I was sitting on the living room floor, playing video games with Finn.
"How are you winning every game?"
"I guess I'm just better than you!" Finn said, shrugging.
I sighed and put the game controller on the table next to me.
"I should head home now. My mom doesn't want me to go home alone when it's dark."
"You could sleep over!" Finn suggested, smiling brightly.
"I'll just quickly text my mom."

After a while of playing video games, eating chips and laughing we both went upstairs to Finn's room. We sat on his bed when somehow the power went off. It was completely dark.
"Finn?"

Finn's POV

Jack must be completely terrified. He has been scared of the dark for a long time now, because of some horrible stuff that had happened in the past. Even though it was completely dark, I somehow made my way next to Jack. I pulled him on my lap and hugged him tightly.
"Are you okay Jackie?" I asked him, even if I already knew he wasn't.
"Of course I'm not!" He said, clearly holding back tears. I just continued to hold him, until the power turned back on. He quickly pushed me away and stood up. Jack thought it was embarrassing to be afraid of the dark. I would agree with him, if I didn't know what happened a couple of years ago.

2015

Jack was sitting on his bed reading a book in his house, when he was still living in California. Suddenly, the lights turned off. He heard screaming. Then two loud shots. He was to scared to go downstairs. It were probably his parents who had been screaming. And the two shots... Jack didn't even wanted to think about it. He heard the front door close with a loud bang. Jack took a pocket knife out of his drawer, his dad gave it to him as a birthday present. Carefully, Jack tiptoed downstairs. The first thing he saw, was blood. Everywhere. The next thing he saw... where his parents. On the floor. Blood running out of their bodies.
Dead.

☆彡