Thirty One

I woke up feeling warm and content instead of the freezing cold I usually felt that left me scrambling for a blanket. It took a minute for my sleepy mind to register why. I'd shared a bed with them last night, and all three of them were still here. My head now rested on Ivan's solid chest. I'd curled into him last night, wrapping an arm around him like he was my giant teddy bear. One of my hands clutched his shirt like it was my lifeline and he'd made no move to untangle it. I felt an embarrassed blush light up my face, relieved that all three of them were still asleep.

My other hand was still entwined with Alexei's, which lay on my waist. Our legs were tangled together, sending delicious tingles up and down my entire body. My back rested on his chest and I felt his warm breath on the top of my head. A third hand had reached my waist overnight. Mikhail's hand gently rested on my hip, his arm over Alexei. Just over Alexei's head, I could see him sleeping peacefully. It did wonders to his strikingly beautiful face. The urge to paint them entered my mind before I realized how much of a creep that would make me.

"Aghhh." A strangled scream reached my ears. For a second, my heart stopped completely before I realized what had happened. Alexei, in his sleep, had accidentally pushed Mikhail off the bed. He'd landed with a hard thump and was currently looking  around confused before his eyes narrowed on Alexei. His scream had jolted Alexei out of his sleep, who sat up rapidly in utter shock.

Ivan's eyes had snapped open as well and I noticed how the first thing he did was place his body just over mine, his arm reaching out over Alexei. He'd always be the protective one. Once he realized there was no real threat, he relaxed and shut his eyes once again. I guess this was an ordinary occurrence in their household.

"Mikhail where the hell are you," asked Alexei as his hands roamed over the empty place Mikhail was laying in just a few moments ago. I don't think he'd realized what he'd done. I put a hand to my mouth to smother my laughter.

"Right here you fool," said Mikhail as he threw a pillow straight at Alexei's face. Alexei threw it right back in Mikhail's direction and thus began the most childish, ridiculous pillow fight I'd ever seen. It was far too early in the morning for this. In fact, the bedside clock only read 7:00am.

"What in God's name is going on over here?" The door burst open and Troy entered with a baseball bat in his arm followed by Violet who didn't need any weapons. She looked intimidating enough as it was as she fixed Mikhail with a death glare. He immediately dropped the pillow with a sheepish expression on his face. He muttered a small apology in Violet's direction and her face immediately softened.

"Nothing V. We'll join you guys for breakfast. Just give us five minutes." Her eyes snapped to mine and that's when I realized I was still wrapped in Ivan's arms. He'd somehow drifted back to sleep despite the entire ruckus around us. His face was now buried in the back of my neck and I could barely think straight.

"Take as much time as you need," Violet said with a mischievous grin before shutting the door behind her. If I could have reached a pillow in time, I would have thrown it at her head. Mikhail began fixing the bed, occasionally shoving at Alexei. I let out a sigh before turning in Ivan's arms to look up at him. As if he'd felt my gaze, those bright green eyes sprung open.

"Morning." That deep, husky voice was no doubt the sexiest thing I'd ever heard. I blushed red and escaped his arms, muttering a morning under my breath. As I reached the doorway, Alexei's voice called out behind me.

"Did you sleep well darling?" He didn't sound as flirtatious and confident as he usually did. I turned around in confusion. All three of them were looking at me as if my answer was of grave importance. It was then that I noticed the underlying question. Would we ever be doing this again?