N E V E R•Part 7

I went to visit X again today. He was doing much better honestly.

    When I walked into his room however he wasn't the only one in there. A guy was. He had dark skin, tattoos riddled all over him. He had dreads, like Jahseh. He had a bit of a chubby face too.

    He spotted me and looked me up and down. "Whos this?" He spoke in a gruff voice.

    "Thats Willow. Willow this is Ski. Hes my best friend." He spoke, shrugging.

    "Hi nice to meet you." I flashed him a fake smile, feeling uncomfortable in a new presence.

    He nodded towards me, then continued conversation with X. I frowned. "I'll just come back later if this is a bad time." I insitsed, turning to leave.

   "Nah its cool you can stay." He said, gesturing for me to come over. He seemed familiar... It suddenly hit me.

   Hes the guy who beat Jahseh up.. My suddenly my face turned into a grimance, taking a step back.

   "Whats he doing here X?? Hes the one who did this to you!" I practically shouted.

   "Its okay Willow, He had no choice." X spoke, his voice low raspy.

   I shook my head. "I'm g-gonna go." I spoke, turning to walk away, and i did.

   I felt so upset... Why would he have him in there after what he did to him? It didnt make any sense to me honestly...

   But then again why was it any of my concern and who he hung out with? All i knew about him was his name and that theres something going on about him..

   I got home that night, obviously to my drunk mother. But that was nothing new of course.

   "H-Hey baby." She slurred as I walked in the house. "How was school?"

   I shrugged. "It was alright I guess." She nodded, taking a long swig of her beer and slumping down on the couch.

   As i was going to go to my room a loud knock echoed throughout the house. Someone was at the door.

   I went and unlocked it. It was Ski, his dark eyes on me, no emotion whatsoever on him.

   I gasped then tried shutting the door. He put his foot in the gap before I can success close it.

   "Listen, I just wanna talk." He spoke. "Why?" I questioned. "First of all how the hell do you know where I live??" I pressed.

   "I followed you after you left, Jahseh wanted me to clear things up with you." He spoke. "Now if you can open the damn door and come with me."

   "Where?" "Jeez you ask a lot of questions. Just come on." He said, rolling his eyes.

   Better than being in the house all day with a drunk mom. I looked back, she was already snoring on the couch.

   I sighed. "Bet, lets go."

__________________

    I got out of his car, shutting it behind me. "Why are we here?" I said, impatient and weary.

    "To talk." He said sighing and running a hand over his face.

    He was dressed to impress, a heavy fashionable jacket on matched with some skinny jeans, sagging of course.

    "About?" "Jahseh." He replied.

    "Look, about that day I beat the shit outta him.. You gotta understand. We had a deal, we fight eachother, we get the money, we save up and leave." He said, shrugging.

    "Why are you telling me this?" I asked, puzzled.

    "Jahseh appreciates you. That you come over everyday after school to check on him, make time for him, hang out with him. He saw how you reacted and wanted you to understand."

    "Why are you guys planning leave..?" I felt nosy...

    "Thats personal. We both have our reasons. Just know that i'm his best friend and no matter what, im not a bad guy." He sighed.

    "Whats up with Jahseh..?" I started thinking of the book. "I read his book." I said.

    "He's been through a lot. I can't get into it, thats his business, just dont hurt him." Ski spoke, seriousness and sensitivity drowned over his words.

    I nodded, understanding. "Does he trust me?" I asked, feeling the breeze on my face.. He shook his head. "He doesnt trust anyone anymore."

    After that we stayed in silence, watching the view ahead of us. Trees littered around us, a small river in front of us, stones, sticks.. The sky was cloudy and dazed.

   I wasn't sure of much honestly... But i was sure that I had grown to care a lot about X.

____________________

This is shorter than usual, but i had to update obviously 💖

Excuse any mistakes please