Chapter2: Loss

A maid came to my room, telling me it was time for dinner. I put Kuso back in his cage and walked downstairs. Once i got to the kitchen i sat down in my usual seat in the font of the table. " Well hello dear. Have you stopped being bitchy?" My step Mother asked. I gave her an offensive look. "Me bitchy? Pfft nahh" I replied taking a sip of my tea. Instead of putting my pinky up, i put my middle finger up. She looked so angry that her eye brows were about to fall off. "Ahem" my step father spoke up. " We have news." My eyes lit up like a child on Christmas. I was hoping my brother Akane came back. He was in the war and might come back this month. That is if he lived. " W-what is it?!" I asked a little bit to eagerly. " It's your brother. He... He died." He said sadly. "N-no. This can't be. You are lying right?!" I asked raising my voice. " I wish i was. But Akane is dead." My heart dropped. "He is the only family i have left!!" I started to cry. "You have us!" My step mother exclaims. "But you guys are assholes!" I screamed loudly. I never really made friends. I had no family left. Akane is dead. I sobbed. I ran. It was instinct. I ran until i got to the border line. All i could see was darkness for miles. My brother was my best friend, my life. The only thing that mattered other than anime. I didn't think this would happen. I had faith Akane would live. He didn't though. I cried for hours or maybe even days. He was gone. But just to make sure they weren't lying, i walked to the grave yard. Sure enough i seen a grave with my brothers name on it. Why now of all times. Why? I ran back to the border line. I stuck my shoe inside of it and it instantly turned black. I could get used to the darkness. Walked on the other side. I could see guards running toward me but i ignored them. I was filled grief. I was sad clearly. " Princess!!!!" the guards yelled from outside the border. My clothes were black. I felt like an emo. I didn't care what anyone said. My life , my rules, my bullshit. The new me.