Chapter 3

Chapter 3

On instinct, Yugi swung out with the chain, hoping it would catch Yami off guard. Yugi had no such luck as the chain was about to reach Yami, he reached out and grabbed it, one of the spikes going through his hand. Yami didn't even seem bothered by it and just looked at Yugi with total calmness.

"I see our paths have crossed again. Surely there is a better Slayer that could have come to train her." Yami said, yanking the chain out of Yugi's hand so he was now in control of it.

"How did you get past the guards? Things like you shouldn't be here!" Yugi said and started to reach for one of his guns, but his hands and arms froze in place.

"I wouldn't try anything, little Slayer." Yami said, pulling the spike out of his hand, the skin instantly healing itself. Yami tossed the chain to Phoebe, who caught it in between the spikes so her own hand was not punctured.

Yami walked over to where Yugi was, and Yugi seemed frozen in place. He couldn't even move a muscle, and with each step Yami took, Yugi's heart started to race faster. Yugi saw Phoebe still watching, but she was no longer the girl he first saw. She had become a demon, one similar to that of Slayer Phoenix and Slayer Nova.

Yami ran a hand along Yugi's neck, feeling how fast his pulse was, and he could hear his heart beating faster and faster. Yami's fangs came out and he licked his lips in hunger. Yugi was totally helpless, and had never been prepared for a situation like this.

"Tell me Slayer, how many vampires do you know that have powers like mine?" Yami whispered in Yugi's ear.

Yugi wanted to shiver in fear, but not even simple reflexes like that were granted to him in this state. Yami's voice in his ear sent chills down his spine, and Yugi was trying to decide if they were good or bad.

"Do you mean before I killed them? Or after?" Yugi said and then he thought of something. "Wait, wouldn't the observation scientists know of you being here? Aren't they supposed to be watching Phoebe's training?"

Phoebe smiled, showing dagger-like teeth. "Demons do get hungry Slayer. They were a nice snack."

"She left no evidence behind, not one single skin cell of theirs was left." Yami said and Yugi started to realize the situation he was in. He was stuck between a vampire that had skills that the APFH had never seen before, and a demon that was an eating machine that left no evidence behind. "Now tell me Slayer, what do you think will happen to you?"

"I'm either going to be Turned or killed." Yugi choked out and he couldn't believe it had come to this. A tear ran out of Yugi's right eye and he wanted to wipe it away, but he couldn't. 'Ra, I never thought it would end like this.'

"You are a Slayer, yet you show emotions." Yami said, confused at the reaction Yugi was having to the situation. "Normally, most Slayers I encounter try to escape, but yet you stay there and accept the situation and show emotion."

Yugi couldn't stop the tears from flowing down his face, because he had no hold on his emotions, even after the training he went through to become a Slayer. Right now, he should be showing the two things in front of him that he had no emotions, and that they couldn't control him and make him except the fate that was about to be handed to him. Instead, his emotions were out of control, and he had accepted what was about to happen.

"I'm not like other Slayers." Yugi chocked out and managed to stop crying for a minute. "I'm the youngest, if you haven't noticed. I barely made it to Slayer status in the time I did because of my age."

Yami smiled evilly, starting to scare Yugi even more. "Well I guess they won't miss you when you become like me."

Yami's control on Yugi's body seemed to vanish in seconds, and the sudden release made Yugi fall to the floor. As he tried to get up, Yami grabbed his head and slammed Yugi back down on the floor.

"Once you are like me, you are going to thank me little one." Yami barely whispered.

As a last desperate attempt, Yugi tried reaching over and grabbing one of his guns, but Phoebe saw and kicked the gun far away from Yugi's reach.

"There is no way you are getting out of this. No. Way. In. Hell." Phoebe said, making sure Yugi understood each word.

Yugi looked at Yami and saw the want of Yugi's blood in his eyes. His fangs came out and Yugi knew this was going to be it. He just lay there in Yami's grip, waiting for the end.

But it never came.

As if by miracle, someone crashed through one of the windows and tackled Yami, both figures tumbling over and over before crashing against the opposite wall. Phoebe dropped the chain in shock and ran to go help Yami, but Yugi quickly grabbed the chain and threw it at Phoebe. It wrapped itself around her, the spikes implanting themselves in the demon and she screamed out in pain, falling over to the floor, which caused the spikes to just go in deeper.

Yugi looked over at the two figures practically wrestling each other and tumbling around. He knew one of them was Yami, and he could tell the other was a Slayer. As the two tumbled closer, he could hear what they were saying.

"Give up Slayer." Yami said, as he punched the Slayer.

"When you are dead I will." Yugi realized that it was Slayer Phoenix who had come to his rescue.

"If you haven't noticed I'm all ready dead." Yami said and threw Slayer Phoenix off of him, tossing her across the room.

Yugi thought she would slam into the wall, but as she was tossed towards it, she turned so her feet were going to be the first thing to hit the wall.

"Phoenix! What are you doing?" Yugi yelled.

Phoenix ignored him and just used her fire power to make a spot on the wall start to burn, and she easily just bounced off of it, flipping in the air and landing back on Yami. When she did, her foot caught his head, and Yugi heard Yami's neck break.

Yami took his hands and snapped his neck back into place. "That tickled Slayer. And how does this feel?"

"How does what-" Phoenix said and everyone, except for Yami, had forgotten about Phoebe.

Phoebe was up; the chain unwrapped from her, holes in her body that were rapidly healing. The spikes were covered in the black demon blood, and Phoebe had thrown the chain again, and it was now wrapped around Phoenix. The mix of the demon blood on her own made it hurt worse, causing the spikes to practically burn into her. Yugi just watched as Slayer Phoenix screamed in pain, trying desperately to pull the spikes out as fast as she could, but all she accomplished was just melting the spikes into her.

"You bitch." Yugi said, charging at Phoebe. Yugi didn't even make it to her before she was behind Yugi, slinging him at the wall.

Yugi hit the wall with such force that he was surprised he wasn't dead, but he would be in the infirmary for a good amount of time. His vision started to fade but he knew he shouldn't let his mind win and him pass out. The pain was extremely overwhelming and his mind soon won.

The last thing he saw before he passed out was Yami and Phoebe, breaking through the roof of the Slayer Training Grounds, carrying Phoenix away.