Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Yami looked up from the book of ancient runes he was reading and saw that night had once again fallen. He went back to studying the runes that had once existed thousands of years ago when Yami heard a knock on the door. With a wave of his hand, the door opened and he looked up from his book to see Phoebe standing there.

"She's awake and demanding answers." Phoebe stated plainly and Yami stood up.

"Impossible. She should still be on the verge of dying unconscious." Yami said, heading out the room with the book in his hands.

Yami made his way into the room they had moved Slayer Phoenix to and saw that she was indeed awake and very mad. Yami didn't dare walk close to her for an aurora of heat surrounded her which would surely cause some damage if he got close enough to it.

"Release me!" Phoenix yelled and the aurora flared and Yami took a step back.

"The demon blood must have cycled through her system and is having the opposite reaction we thought it would." Phoebe said to Yami and Yami was flipping through the book of runes.

"There must be something that can stop this before it gets out of control." Yami said.

"I can hear you!" Phoenix yelled and she tried getting out of the chains but they wouldn't budge.

"Demon Metal. It isn't going to melt." Phoebe said looking at the page Yami had stopped on.

"The Rune of Andover." Yami said to Phoebe so that Phoenix wouldn't hear. "It can intensify the effects of the demon blood and lessen her powers."

"Are you sure it will work? Her powers come from higher beings. I'm talking the Mother of Fire and Demons." Phoebe stated but Yami didn't seem to care.

"I'm still going to try it anyway." Yami said, going out of the room for only a moment and coming back in with what Phoebe recognized as the Millennium Ring.

"I thought all of those were destroyed?" Phoebe asked.

"Most of them were. The Millennium Ring was kept by a vampire clan to practice strengthening their powers to defeat the Slayers. Unfortunately their little knowledge about the ancient runes caused their runes to backfire and wipe most of them out." Yami said holding out the Ring. "I on the other hand know how to use its powers."

Yami looked over the spell written in the book and started saying it out loud.

"Antiqua vires invocaverimus te. Ades et alligate hostis vires stat coram me. Captionem lux, ignis, et malum inter vincula tenetur eius. Spoliarent potestatem bonum et malum quod compositae virtus ostenditur et ignis adolebit se ex. Inscribere super eam rune de Andevra ut vagos sanguinem currit per venas exasperatur ad novum iuga. Ferat ulla sui corporis et interfecit. Rune de Andevra!"

A light shot out of the Millennium Ring, capturing Phoenix in a chain of light. A mark appeared on her arm and it burned its way into her skin.

"The Rune of Andover shall now work its way into her very soul." Yami told Phoebe and walked out of the room, back to his own.

XXX

Yugi lay awake in his chambers, a small ball of light floating in his palm. Using his knew powers, he made it spin and float higher into the air before letting it drop back into his hand and disappear. The results of the power transfer had been good, and he seemed to have no injury because of it.

"Now, you must not get angry. With you not knowing the full extent of what powers you now have, you could let loose a surge of flame that would engulf the complex." One of the scientists had told Yugi.

Yugi hardly ever got angry, but it was just a precaution to tell him that.

"Don't worry, water won't affect you negatively." Nova had told him since it tended to rain in the Zoha Sector.

"Then what will it do?" Yugi had asked.

"Your body will take in the hydrogen from the water, leaving oxygen behind." Nova had said.

Yugi didn't understand any of this. He was just trying to stay awake so he wouldn't have that awful dream again.

'Well it really was not a dream.' Yugi thought, creating another ball of light and splitting it into several smaller ones.

No it was not a dream little one….

"You again!" Yugi nearly yelled in surprise as the voice of Yami filled his head.

Yes me again…. You sound so happy to hear from me…

"Tell me what you have done to the Slayer you hold hostage!"

I gave her a little magic rune to keep her company until you get here…. The Rune of Andover to be exact….. It is magical because when she woke up from the demon blood she seemed to be angry with me, but now she is fast asleep…

Yugi was starting to get mad. The smart side of him kept telling himself not to get angry because of these new powers, but he didn't want anything to happen to his fellow Slayer.

Now little one please don't be angry with me…. I only wish the best for you….

That was what really got to Yugi. "You want to turn me into one of you! Listen Vampire, I've killed things like you since I was little! If it wasn't for you stupid knowledge of ancient powers I would have turned you into a pile of ash!" Little flames seemed to jump in Yugi's eyes, but Yugi doubted Yami would be able to see them.

Why I see you have gotten some new tricks…. I do say those flames make you look adorable because your threats do not carry through…..

'Wait did he just call me adorable?' Yugi thought to himself, or at least he thought he did.

Yes I did indeed call you adorable…. I must go now and check on how much suffering your Slayer friend has endured….

There was no more words from the vampire and Yugi lay there, his blood boiling and trying to keep his anger from getting any worse.

"I will kill you Vampire." Yugi said.

With little tiny sparks, Yugi drew what he could remember of Yami in the air above him. The sparks formed into a life-like version of him, the sparks changing colors to match what the color actually was on the vampire. Once it was complete, Yugi held up his hand.

"I promise on the life of the Slayers before me, I will avenge them and kill you."

Yugi closed his hand slowly, causing the sparks to implode into a ball about as big as Yugi's fist. Yugi opened his hand and a shower of sparks went everywhere, the design no more, as if he really had killed the vampire.