Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Open up Slayer! I know you are in there!"

Yugi went and grabbed one of his guns off of the counter and headed up to the attic of the safe house. There was a little window located up there that was used as a look out in case any demons try to get in. On several occasions, the window in the attic had been used to snipe demons and vampires down as they had noticed it was a safe house and that someone was living in there. Yugi made his way towards it and looked down at the person trying to get in. He had his gun pointed towards them so in case he had to kill them he would.

"Slayer! Open up or I will send in the demon."

The person had a minor demon on a chain, and it was clawing its way at the door. The person that was talking though had a hood and mask on, and Yugi couldn't make out who it was.

"Speak your name." Yugi yelled at the person.

"Demon Conjurer Ishtar, employed by the APFH." The person said, taking off the hood and mask, revealing a very tan boy with blonde hair and bright eyes.

"Malik for the love of Ra I thought you were a demon or vampire, or for that matter an assassin of some sorts." Yugi said, lowering his gun.

"The APFH sent me to come see who entered the safe house." Malik said. He snapped his fingers and the demon vanished, the chain wrapping itself around Malik's left arm.

He was not wearing the APFH Conjurer Uniform, as if he had gotten rid of it on his own terms once he had been sent out. He had on a black tank top, with daggers lining his arms that were, without a doubt, made of tainted demon metal. He also had on black shorts and black boots, each leg having a dagger strapped to it, just like the ones on his arms.

"State you name Slayer." Malik said, evidently not recognizing Yugi's voice.

"It's me Malik. Slayer Yugi." Instantly Malik's head snapped up and looked at the attic window, seeing Yugi looking out of it.

"Oh thank the Winged Dragon of Ra! Yugi!" Malik nearly yelled. "We have been so worried about you ever since you left. A few of us didn't think you would make it that far, considering the more and more demons that have been appearing everywhere."

"Well I'm alive." Yugi said. "I'll go down and let you in. You are alone right?"

"Yes I am." Malik said and stepped forwards so he would be closer to the door and out of the sight of any possible demons and vampires.

Yugi went back down the stairs and set the gun on the counter next to where he had laid out the map. He walked over to the door and unlocked it, typing back in the code he was given and the metal door slid open. He stepped forward and unlocked the other door and Malik stepped inside.

"I have never been in one of these places before." Malik said, putting his only weapon, a sword, down on the counter next to the gun.

"Well it isn't much, but you learn to deal with it and use what little space is available." Yugi said, going back over to the map and looking it over. Malik walked over and took a look at the map as well.

"Planning to get into the Zoha Sector?" Malik said. "You won't ever get in that way." He pointed to one of the places Yugi had circled as an entrance. "The demons made sure that one got closed up. I was sent in after them. I couldn't catch them in time. I nearly made it out of there with my life."

"Okay so that isn't an option anymore." Yugi said, taking the marker and crossing it out. "Is there any place around the Zoha Sector roads, like rooftops of buildings that haven't been invaded?"

"There are a few buildings that are guarded by the demon clans. They don't permit zombies or vampires in." Malik pointed to a few of the buildings around the main vampire housing. "You are going to need someone who can get in good with the clan leader or already is."

"What about you then?" Yugi asked as he put a mark on the buildings as a way across.

"They don't favor me. The last Slayer that tried to use me for that nearly got me and himself killed." Malik said shaking his head. "You would need someone in there clan, or who knows how to talk to the clan leader so they aren't angered by a human entering their building."

Yugi thought back to if Nova might have been able to help him with that, but Yugi would hate to go find Nova right now. At worst, Nova would try to kill him for leaving him unarmed and injured. He knew Phoenix would have been able to talk her way around the clans with her eyes closed, but if she had been here, they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

"You are all I got right now." Yugi said putting a hand on Malik's shoulder. "Hopefully they think differently of you now."

"It's a risk, but I guess we have to take it." Malik said.

XXXXXXXXX

Yami was back in his own personal library, looking through a few of his books. He only had on a pair of jeans that had the knees ripped out of them, and a little silver pendant was hanging from his neck, the charm on the end that of a moon and star. He was going through another one of his scrapbooks of pictures, as if he could bring back the boy he loved.

"Uh, I feel hung over." Phoebe said, walking into the room wearing a tank top and jeans without any weapons strapped all over her for once.

"You should." Yami said, putting the book back away.

"Whatever." Phoebe said and rolled her eyes. "I'm going to check on Phoenix real quick to see what she's done now."

Yami nodded and Phoebe walked out of the room and to where they were holding Phoenix. Yami went back to looking at the books, fondling over the memories that the pictures held, memories he had nearly forgotten because of how long he has lived. His once beating heart started to hurt, knowing his love had been lost. He stopped looking at the books and left the room, heading to where Phoebe had gone, just to make sure nothing had gone wrong.

"Your brother died looking for you." Yami heard Phoenix say as he walked in.

"He had been wanting to die since he found out what kind of world he had been brought up in." Phoebe said, neither showing a great deal of emotion, mostly just exchanging words back and forth is what is seemed like.

"The dead who died looking for others don't matter in a world like this." Yami said.

"You don't know my family." Phoenix said, directing her attention to Yami. "All you care about is killing. You are a monster, a murderer."

"Aren't we all?" Yami asked. "You've killed before; I've seen your records from the APFH. You killed even before the world went to shit. You did it for fun."

"And how does that differ myself from you?" Phoenix asked. "Look around! You've slaughtered Slayers left and right, and for what?! So you could enjoy feeding on them? Getting high on how they struggled to live and their futile to attempts to get away? You make me sick."

"Enough of this!" Yami yelled, his fangs coming out and his eyes glowing with anger. "I bet you haven't even thought about what is stopping me from feeding on you! And you know what it is? That I want to keep my word to that Slayer friend of yours, that if he came peacefully that I would spare your life."

"Things like you are made of lies." Phoenix yelled. "You say one thing and do another. You are born from the demons that made those things called sins. Devil spawn, born of the night, Nightwalkers, whatever name you dubbed yourself does not hide the fact that you are scum and deserve to die!"

Yami lost it, right then and there. Phoebe yelled as Yami grabbed Phoenix, throwing her hard to the ground. He sank his fangs into her neck, golden angel blood mixing with the dark vampire blood as Phoenix struggled to get him off of her. After a few seconds, Phoenix went limp and Yami stood up, the blood dripping from his mouth.

"You were the one that deserved to die." Yami sputtered as he picked up Phoenix's body and tossed her at one of the walls, the weapons on it clattering and falling on her.

"Did you just kill her?" Phoebe barely whispered and slid down to the ground, her legs not able to hold her at the sight she just saw.

"Since when did you care?" Yami said storming out of the room.