Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It had been a long, painful flight to the Zoha Sector for Slayer Phoenix. Her vision was fading in and out and the pain from the chains was unbearable.

'These dumb vampires do not know how to fly straight.' Phoenix thought as she was bumped into a building. 'Who are these vampires anyway?'

Once at the Zoha Sector, Phoenix was close to passing out from the pain, but didn't want the vampires to see her that vulnerable. Phoenix looked below her and saw the massive amount of zombies. She had never been to the Zoha Sector before but had been told that almost everywhere was covered in zombies.

"Are you enjoying the view Slayer?" Yami said. "And for the record, my name is Yami in case you didn't know."

"I've heard of you." Phoenix said. "You are that rogue vampire that only kills Slayers. You are the one that lures Slayers here and then kills them!"

"Yes that is me. And thanks to your little organization my partner now has the training skills of a Slayer." Yami said.

Phoenix saw as they started to fly lower and lower until she was slammed onto a roof and dropped. The chains cut into her more and she would have a massive scar once this was all over if she hadn't died first. Phoenix looked across the roof and saw that Yami and the other one had landed and were talking. Phoenix was shocked by how the other one looked and thought that there was no way that could be her.

"There is no way that is Phoebe. I thought she was dead." Phoenix whispered so Yami wouldn't hear her.

Flashback

It was a summer day and Phoenix had just come back from training at the Pyromancy Academy. The Pyromancers had been told to leave early, due to an "accident" at the Necromancy Academy. Hopefully they hadn't released any zombies because they would hunt down Pyromancers and eat them.

"Nova, have you seen Chris or Phoebe?" Phoenix asked as she entered the house. Normally Phoebe and Chris would be out front practicing fighting.

"They had headed off to the woods for a minute. They left just before you came in." Nova said.

"I'm going to go try and find them. There was an accident at the Necromancy Academy so you can only hope for the worse with that." Phoenix said, grabbing her bow and arrows off the table and heading back out the door.

"I'm coming too." Nova said and he also had his weapons.

The two walked towards the edge of the woods and then took off running inside. The demons inside gave them the speed they need to search the woods faster than they could if they were humans.

All of a sudden, there was an ear-piercing scream. Phoenix stopped in her tracks and saw Chris running towards her.

"Run!" He yelled and Phoenix looked behind him and saw the zombies running after him.

"Where is your sister?" Phoenix yelled as her and Chris both took off running.

It wasn't until they had reached the house that Chris stopped to explain what had happened. Nova was inside and let Chris and Phoenix inside before boarding the door up so nothing could get in.

"They were everywhere." Chris said between breaths. "I didn't know what to do but run. When I looked back she wasn't there!"

"We have to go find her!" Phoenix said and Nova placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't think she is alive Phoenix." Nova said. "I found this."

Nova handed Phoenix Phoebe's demon power necklace. The red gem had turned black, so Phoebe's demon had died.