Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Yami burst through his chambers, his shoes clicking on the tiles and it echoed around the room. Phoebe was running behind him, trying to keep up with his stride.

“Why are you so angry?” Phoebe said as they came to a halt.

“It’s taking too long!” Yami said, his eyes glowing with rage, his fangs showing.

“What is?”

“I want that Slayer here with me” Yami started to pace.

“So we can kill him?” Phoebe started clicking her claws together, imagining how amazing it would be to finally kill that Slayer.

“No, I want him alive.” Yami said, going over to a shelf and pulling out a book that Phoebe had never seen opened before. “Look at this.”

Yami shoved the open book towards Phoebe and she flipped through it, settling on one page and looking at the pictures on it. One showed Yami standing in front of a small cottage, hand in hand with a young man who looked very similar to him, just smaller. Other ones showed them in different places in what looked like Europe, but from the nineteenth century. Everything looked ancient and historical.

“Was this you?” Phoebe asked.

“Yes it was. It was me and my boyfriend, before I was bit.” Yami said, taking the book from Phoebe and putting it back up. “Do you believe in past lives?” Phoebe shook her head. “Well I do. That damn Slayer is him. I want that Slayer. I could never turn Jacob because he ran away once he found out, and turns out a group of vampires got him and he died. I want that Slayer to be mine and I want him with me forever.”

“Okay you just need to calm down. There is a logical way to get him without holding my mother hostage.” Phoebe said, putting her hands on Yami’s shoulders.

“No that is the only way. Slayer Nova cares about her, and Slayer Yugi is with him. It is the only way.” Yami said, and was now facing Phoebe. “Don’t ever question me again.”

“I won’t.” Phoebe said, running her hands down Yami’s sides and placed her head in the crook of his neck.

“You aren’t going to start this again are you?” Yami asked, not trying to push her away.

“Maybe I want to. Now that I know your little secret, maybe I could do something to distract you while the Slayer makes his way here.” Phoebe said.

Yami pushed Phoebe away slightly so he could look at her. “Phoebe, as much as I would enjoy that offer, you are just younger than I would prefer. The demon side of you is sexy as hell though.”

“Well I think our prisoner might want to learn a little lesson.” Phoebe whispered. “And she’s an older version of me.”

“Let’s go see how she is doing then.” Yami said with a devious smile as they headed to the room where they had left her chained up.

When they got to the room, Yami stepped in and saw that Phoenix had not tried to move out of the chains, and that she was actually asleep. The chains were still around her and the rune was still placed on her.

“She looks so peaceful when she’s sleeping.” Phoebe said.

“I don’t like it.” Yami said, yanking on one of the chains and Phoenix was instantly snapped awake, her hair catching ablaze.

“WHAT NOW!” Phoenix yelled. She instantly started to go against the chains.

“Calm yourself!” Phoebe yelled.

Phoenix stopped and glared at Phoebe. “I don’t take orders from you. I don’t take orders from anyone. Not even the APFH leader. Fuck authority.”