Chapter 15

• Dedicated to All of the fans!

Chapter 15

“Keep it together Astaroth.” Malik yelled as they got closer and closer to the building Yami was at.

“I can’t, my wings are starting to come apart!” Astaroth said. Malik looked behind them and pieces of feathers were flying everywhere, leaving a bright trail behind them.

Yugi barely paid attention to any of this, counting the minutes until he would be able to rip the vampire who tormented him’s throat out.

Right before all of Astaroth’s wings were gone, they landed on the roof of the building and Astaroth let them go. She however crashed into the roof and disappeared in a spark of light. Her chain reappeared a rusty color on Malik’s arm.

“I’m going to have to fix her once we get back.” Malik said as they looked around. “Well I’m surprised that no guards or anything are up here.”

“We got here too easy.” Yugi whispered and pulled out his sword. “This is a trap.”

“Oh you don’t know how right you are.” Malik and Yugi turned and saw Phoebe standing on the edge of the building next to them, twirling a chain around. “You little fools won’t stand a chance!”

“Oh yeah! Try me!” Malik yelled.

“Malik what are you doing?” Yugi said as Malik brought out two of his demons and pulled out his own sword.

“You need to go find Nova.” Malik said. “Something happened to him! I know it because otherwise he would have come back to us!”

“But you can’t handle her alone!” Yugi said.

“That’s why I have these!” Malik said and held up his arms to show the tens of chains on his arms that each represented a demon. “I know I wasn’t as good of a friend as I should have been, and now I’m making it up. You need to find Phoenix and Nova. I can handle her.”

“Thanks.” Yugi said and took off down the stairs into the building.

Phoebe sighed. “He won’t make it far, and neither will you.” She had decided to sit on the edge, dangling her legs over it, holding the chain in her hands, weighting it.

The two demons Malik had called out were snarling and hissing at Phoebe. These two demons were huge and vicious, yet she didn’t seem to care at all. Malik dropped their chains and it released them on her. They charged at her and she just sighed.

“How many Demon Conjurers is it going to take to learn?” Phoebe sighed and then transformed into her own demon state and hissed at the demons, who backed away whimpering. She transformed back and threw her chains around them, capturing them in her own. Malik’s shattered once they had been transferred over.

“What is that?” Malik asked.

“An infinity chain.” Phoebe said calmly. She hadn’t even moved at all from where she had been sitting. “Who knows how many demons I have encased in this chain, just waiting to get out?”

“But they have been bound by force!” Malik yelled. “What demon would serve someone if they are not willing?”

“They would if the master was stronger than them, and a direct descendent of the Mother of Demons.” Phoebe said and jumped over to the rooftop where Malik was. “Bet you didn’t know that did you? You little humans who learn magic, well aren’t you all some smart little people to master that? Well you forget about us, the ones who get born with things like this, who don’t need to learn but harness our powers. We don’t falter, we don’t worry about mistake, we were that mistake, we were that falter, and you all seem to forget that.”