Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Slayer Nova was on the rooftops of one of the buildings in the Zoha Sector, looking down at a hoard below. This hoard was massive. He had never seen so many zombies in one place before. Anywhere.

He had gotten here by flying. Malik had given him some of that awful drink and he regained his strength really fast. Malik said he was going to go look for Yugi and that Nova should go ahead into the Zoha Sector. There was an opening in the flying demon hoard that covered over most of the Sector. By just switching to demon form and disguising himself amongst them, he was able to infiltrate them and get even closer to where they were keeping Slayer Phoenix.

Nova still had over a mile to go before he would even come close to where the Vampire Yami was. He could feel Phoenix’s end of the link getting closer and closer the further he got. Now he was at a standstill.

“I’m coming for you, Phoenix. Don’t worry.” Nova said. He could still feel the pain coming through the link as he took off as fast as he could to the place Yami was hiding Phoenix.

XXXXXXXXXXXX 

“He’s already in the Zoha Sector?!” Yugi yelled at Malik.

“I believe that he would now be close to where they are holding Phoenix.” Malik said as calmly as possible.

“Why didn’t you stop him?” Yugi said as they continued to walk, being cautious about how loud his voice was.

“Because I was the one who told him to go on.” Malik said. Malik pulled out another one of his chains and snapped it out, another demon appearing on the end of it. “This should help us pick up on Nova’s demon scent.”

“Which demon is this?” Yugi asked as they walked on, the demon sniffing the air occasionally.

“Apophis.” Malik said. The demon turned and looked at him, but with a quick snap of the chain, the demon turned back around and continued forward. “I trained it in tracking.”

After Malik said that, Apophis let out a snarl and started tugging in one direction towards a set of buildings. Yugi listened closely and heard the moans of the zombie hoard. They would now have to get past this in order to get to where Slayer Nova is.

“Do you have another demon? Preferably one that can fly?” Yugi whispered as Malik called back Apophis.

“Nope. We fight our way from here.” Malik said, pulling out a sword that cast a dark glow.

Yugi pulled out his chains and the spikes came out on them. The metal turned darker and they also started to give off a dark glow. Yugi wasn’t taking any chances on if these zombies had once been demons or not.

“Yugi, burn a dark blue flame around you.” Malik said.

Not even asking why, Yugi did so. “Ready?”

“Ready.” Malik said and they both ran into the beginning of the hoard.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Yami was standing on the roof of his building. He could sense Slayer Yugi getting closer and closer. That was how he spotted Slayer Nova before he even got there.

“Looks like Slayer Nova has come to try and get Phoenix back.” Phoebe said. She was wearing dark gear that would protect her against fire, and had chains much similar to Slayer Yugi’s. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail with mini daggers hidden in the clip.

“I’ll let you take this one.” Yami said. He just had a sword slung across his back and had a dark red version of the gear that Phoebe had. As he started to walk off he said, “He is your father after all.”