Chapter 1

"ENDER RUN!!"

"Mom? Dad?!" Tears stream down my face,

"Go Ender!!" My dad yells. I jump out of the window and fall three stories, I scream in pain and start to army crawl to safety. I wake up, out of breath and find myself on the street still, people pass me, without even making eye contact.

"Help.." I choke out.

Finally a nice lady stopped and looked at me, "What happened little boy?"

"I.. My parents were killed and I jumped out of a window three stories high.. I can't move my legs.."

"Oh my god! I'm going to bring you to the hospital." She says, lifting me up

"Ahh.." I say, in pain.

"Help! I found this little boy on the streets!" She says to the front desk lady.

"Ok, can you wait over there." She says pointing to a chair,

"Be quick." The lady says, walking to the seats. She gently places me in a chair and sits down next to me, "What's your name?"

"E..Ender Güzel.."

"How old are you?"

"F..five.."

"Five!? You look older than five." I smiled a little and she says, "You know what? Why don't I adopt you as my own, wouldn't that be nice?

" I now..what's your name?"

"I'm Ayla."

"Ma'am, you can come now." She picks me up and walks over, "Thank you."

"That way, fourth door on your left." Ayla nods and walks down,

"Hello! Welcome in, please, let me take him." I didn't like the man who took me, tears stream down my face.. "Oh it's ok, she is just going to sit right here." He says, pointing to a seat by the door, "Is she your mom?"

"No, I got him off the street, his parents were murdered.."

"Ohh, wants your name?"

I don't answer him, "Ender Güzel, he's five, can you see if he broke his legs?"

"Yes I can.. Sit up for me Ender." I sit up and watch as he touches my leg, I wince when he gently touches it, "Does that hurt?" I nod and he starts to push harder, tears stream down my face.

"What are you doing?!" Ayla asks, standing up, "You don't need to push harder if it hurts when you touch it!"

"Calm down, i'm going to do an X-ray and see what's broken." Once he pulls up the images, his eyes go wide.

"H..His bones are shattered.."

"What?"

"See, it will take two months until it heals."

"Two months? He doesn't even have a home!"

"I'm just going to put casts on his legs then he can go wherever you're going to take him. What is your favorite color?"

"I donno.." I mumble, looking at the floor.

"How about light blue and black?"

"Sure." I mumble. Once he finishes both of my legs he hands me crutches and we leave,

"He was a jerk." Ayla says, looking at me. I nod, smiling, "Where do u live?"

"Just around here." She says, pulling out her keys and unlocking the door, "First, you're going to take a bath, your dirty." She leads me to the bathroom and helps me take off my clothes and get in the tub. "My son will love having you, he always wanted a brother!"

"Y-you have a son?" I ask, with big eyes.

"Yeah, I assume you're an only child, am I right?" I nod, starting to feel excited, "He just turned seven, two years older than you."

"Cool! Where is he?"

"At school, I was walking home before I ran into you."

"When does he come home!?"

"A few hours."

"Aww." I say, sadly splashing in the tub.

"It's ok, you will have time to make yourself at home and get used to the house."

"Ok."

"I'll be back Ender, I'm gonna see if he has any clothes that u can fit." I nod happily, excited to see this boy.

My mom was suppose to have a kid but she died when she was pregnant.. Tears stream down my face, I have no idea why they killed them, out of all the people they could kill, they chose my parents.. I wipe my tears before she comes back in, but she realises that I was crying.

"Oh, Ender.. I'm so sorry.." She hugs me and gently lifts me out of the tub, "Here baby, try this on." She says, holding newly cleaned clothes in front of me. I carefully step in the shorts and underwear and she helps me with my shirt. The clothes were a little big, but I was happy that I got clothes. "Hungry?" I nod excitedly and she lifts me up from the ground.

She brings me to her kitchen, it was huge, with nice counters, a shiny fridge and stove, and loads of food and decorations that fill every corner.

"Woah." I mumble, "Your kiten is huge!" I say, amazed.

"You like it?"

"Yeah!"

"What do u like to eat honey?" She asks me, opening the fridge. I point at a plate of börek and she picks them up, "These?"

"Yeah!"

"Ali loves these, I make them for breakfast all the time."

"Ali?"

"Oh, he's my son."

"Oh.."

"We have to get him in a half hour."