Chapter 3

Once we get to school and I say bye to my mom, something didn't feel right. Omer looks at me and says, "Yo, you alright?"

"Yeah.. Sure.."

"U don't look ok.."

"Come on, let's just go inside." I say, walking into the school.

"Are u sure.." He asks me again, stopping me from walking further.

"Ok, it's my mom's birthday today.. She died today, murdered to be exact, there is a chance that the murderers are still alive."

"Ender, that's not going to happen, I assume they are dead."

"They might not be! That's why I brought a knife!" I say, louder than I expected.

"U brought a what?!"

"Shh, I trust u."

"Ok.." He says, stepping a few feet away from me.

I burst into tears, "I'm sorry Omer, I can't stand being an orphan anymore!"

"Ender.." He says, trying to calm me down, "Ender, look at me." I look into his dark blue eyes and slide my hands into my pockets, gripping on the knife. "I'm still here.." I slide my hands out of my pockets and put my hand on his shoulder. He sees the knife in my left hand and his eyes widen, "No, you can't."

"Omer.."

"Ender, no."

I start to pull back and move my arm forward with force but he knocks it to the side and it goes in his shoulder. He holds back his tears and runs away with the knife still in his shoulder. "Omer! Wait!!" I yell, hesitating to run after him. I wipe my face and slowly walk to the bathroom, hoping no one is going to see the blood stains on my sweatshirt and floor. I follow the occasional blood stains on the floor and find the knife, he pulled it out.

I pick it up, looking at the blood covered knife, watching the blood drip on my pale, shaky fingers. 'What if I tasted the blood?' I thought, surprised that it came into mind, 'No, that's not right.. I could die.... Whatever, I nearly killed my friend..' I think, lifting my hand to my mouth, getting ready to taste it.. I lick the blood off my fingers and enter the bathroom. It tasted good, surprisingly, but I had to look for my Omer.

"Omer? Please.."

"Ender get the fuck away! U need to go to a mental hospital!" He yells, I follow his voice to the last stall. I put my hands on the door and gently place my head on it.

"Omer, open the door."

I mumble, "Please.."

We sit there in silence until I hear a phone, "911 what's ur emergency?"

"No.." I mumble. I hear Omer mumble into his phone, he was calling the police. I sprint down the hall back to the gym, hesitating to tell a teacher, but I didn't.. I pushed the door open to outside and ran out. Tears stream down my face as I run down the street and I see the police driving down the street to my school.. I walk out in front of the car before they hit me, I cover my face, but nothing happened.. I bring my arms down to see what happened, the car stopped right in front of me..

"Kid, what were u thinking!?" The policeman yelled at me, getting out of the car.. We sit there in silence until he says, "Wait a minute.." I start to run, I know what he was going to say, "Oh no u don't." He mumbles, He shoots me in the leg and I stumble to the ground, I start to get up, but he puts handcuffs around me and shoves me into his car, "You're going home son." He says to me, getting in the car and starting to drive.