Chapter 9

"Ok, we're here." He says, opening the door and walking in. I follow closely behind him so no one recognizes me or I get lost.

"Ok, what clothes do u like?" He asks me, going into the boys aisle.

"Clothes? I donno."

"This muffling thing is going to drive me nuts." He mumbles, walking around.

"What are you doing? Look!"

"Oh.." I say nervously. I look at the clothes, ignoring the stares from the little kids and adults nearby.

"I'm going to murder you if u keep staring." I mumble to a kid who didn't stop looking at me.

He quickly runs to his mom and she shoots a glare, "Ender, don't do that." Deniz says, scaring the crap out of me.

"Why can't I? The kid was staring."

"Well, you look weird, so yeah."

"But u don't stare for a super long time, if I saw someone like that I would only take a glance, not a long stare that's obvious." I say, walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"Away."

"Uhh.." He says, following me.

"Wait, we aren't leaving until u get one thing." He says, pulling me from the exit.

"Then we're gonna be here all day." I say, smirking. He rolls his eyes and shoves me into a rack of clothes.

"Thanks bud, really appreciate that u embarrassed me for eternity." I say, ignoring the laughs from everyone in the same area as us.

"Welcome bro." Deniz says, giving me a hand and lifting me up from the floor.

My hood nearly falls off, but I quickly slide it back on. "That was close." I mumble.

"Yeah."

"Can we go now?" I ask, not wanting to be stared at any longer.

"Just get something!" He yells.

"Fine, I'll take this sweatshirt, happy?"

"Very!" He takes the sweatshirt from me and walks to the checkout counter. He comes back a few minutes later, "C'mon, let's go"

I stand up and we start walking down the street, "Where.."

"Hi! Ender? Is that you? I've been looking everywhere for you!"

I grab my knife in my pocket and put my hand on her shoulder, "Sometimes, you just need to shut the fuck up." I say, pulling my arm full force towards her heart. I close my eyes, expecting a burst of blood all over me, it happened, but not as much. I opened my eyes, finding my brother and Merve on the ground, Merve was dead and Deniz' arm was almost cut off. "Fuck." I mumble, sprinting away from him, I shouldn't have done that. I stop when I make it to the woods and I climb a tree. I sit on the last sturdy branch and glance at the sunset.

I sigh, what's wrong with me, why did I do that? I look at my knife, then my clothes, I was covered in blood from Deniz and Merve.. I lick the blood of my knife and hands, I.. I just want to be a normal kid.. With a normal life.. And a normal family.. I'm the complete opposite of that.

I heard the cops from the distance and saw people with flashlights running towards the tree I was on. They stopped at the tree I was at and aimed their flashlight at me, "Kid, you need to come down, we're not here to hurt you." One of them says with a megaphone.

I heard a helicopter above me, I was caught.. They found me.. I was surrounded. I stand up, which made the men jump, and hold onto the tree. I step back and get ready to run.

As I jump, I realize how dumb of an idea this was, it didn't even go all the way around my head.. I didn't think this through, I should've surrendered.. I hit the tree and attempt to grab the closest branch.. I suddenly start to feel lightheaded.

I felt something drip down my face and taste once it reached my mouth.. Blood.. My blood..

"Kid, we're going to come get you, stay there." He says. His voice soothed me.. I donno why.. I suddenly got the urge to kill the voice... Kill the rest of them.. Shoot down the helicopter.. Run away, but I don't..

I close my eyes and start to fall.. Faster.. And faster until I hit the ground, being knocked out.

I open my eyes slowly to find a doctor near me. "M-mom..?" Is all I could say. I remember what I did and I shot up, "Deniz!" I yell. Another doctor pushed me down and they brought me into a room. The doctor quickly put some drugs in me which made me pass out..