Chapter 2

I finish my food and she brings me around the house. "Here's Ali's room." I look inside, his room was messy with toy trucks, trains, etc. I wanted to go inside and play for hours. "And last is my room." She pushes her door open, her room was the opposite of Ali's, it was clean, she had a queen bed with crisp bed sheets. "How do u like it."

"I love it!" I say, nearly bouncing in her arms, "Where am I gonna sleep?"

"Either with Ali on the floor or in my bed with me.

"You!" I say, squirming in her arms with excitement.

"Let's go get Ali!" She says with the same amount of excitement as me.

Once we get Ali, the excitement drains out of me, he looked the complete opposite that I imagined, he had dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and a blue baseball cap. He didn't seem very enjoyable to be with either.

"Ali? How was your day at school?"

"Same as always." He mumbles, pulling out his toy truck.

"Ali, I have someone for u to meet."

He perks up and looks at me, "Uh, he's way younger than me mom."

She ignores his comment and says, "This is Ender, he's going to be your brother."

"Brother!?"

"Ali, I found him on the side of the road, his parents got killed."

"Oh no." He says sarcastically, not looking up from his truck.

"Ali! Please!"

She starts to drive back to the house and I look at her, it looked like she was crying, "Ayla?"

"Not now Ender." I turn and look out the window, rubbing my legs to soften the pain.

We get back to the house and Ali runs to his room, locking me out and Ayla signs my adoption papers, I was officially living there.

"Yo, you going to the dance tonight?" Omer asks me.

"Do u want me to? I didn't get a ticket."

"I am, that new girl is going! I'm going to try and get her to come with me!"

I laugh, "Lets see this happen."

I pick up my stuff and run my fingers through my bright red hair, "Those girls totally like u Ender." Omer whispers to me, eyeing girls across the hall.

"Shut up Omer." I mumble to him, tripping him as he walks to his homeroom.

I walk down the hallway to my homeroom and I see my crush, I build up enough courage to talk to her and approach her, "Hey uh.. Zehra? Do u wanna..."

"Go to the dance with you? Sure.." I walk away, trying to play it cool and quietly celebrate in my locker.

I grab my bag and walk downstairs to get on my bus. I wait for Omer to sit with me to share the news, "Hey, guess what!"

"What is it now Ender."

"I got Zehra to go to the dance with me!"

"I'd say she's pretty cute."

"Pretty cute? She's been my crush forever!"

"Really? I didn't know that?"

"I told u a million times, where was your brain?"

"Elsewhere.. Don't forget to pick me up!"

"I won't, bye." I get off the bus and run to my house, "I'm home mom!" I yell, grabbing some food in the fridge and flopping on the couch.

"You going to the dance?" My mom asks me, walking down the stairs.

"Yeah, I got a girl."

"You did? Ali didn't have anyone for the eighth grade dance."
"Mom, stop, it's not my fault I was ugly as a kid." Ali says, walking out of his room, "So little bro, u got a girl? Who is it?"

"Zehra."

"Hmm, name sounds familiar.."

"She has an older sister in ur grade.."

"Nope, ur alone now, no advice from ur big bro."

"Uh, stop treating me like I'm a child."

"Well, you are, I'm in high school, you're in middle, ur a child." I flip him off and throw my trash at him.

Since I was adopted into the family, I was the glue to Ali and Ayla's relationship, it got better over the years and Ali finally treats me like I'm his brother, not a friend. "We need to pick up Omer before the dance." I say, getting up to go to my room.

"Ok, better get ready lil bro."

"Stop saying that! I'm not little!" I yell, shutting my door.

I sit on my couch and look at the notification on my phone, it was my mom's birthday, not Ayla, my actual mom that I lost when I was five..

"Ender honey! It's time to go!" My mom yells for me.