Chapter 5

The officer wouldn't let me go back to my cell until the eight hours, so I started to walk around by myself, I did manage to grab my knife... I touch my face and wince, it hurt, but at least I was happy, or at least I looked like it. I plop down at a seat near the corner of the cafeteria, the emptiest and quietest place. I pull out my knife and roll up my sleeves..

'Does the officer care about me? I thought Ayla loved me.. Omer probably hates me to guts.. I have no idea what made me do that... What's wrong with me... I just want my mom.. I want to be loved.. I want my baby sister.. My dad.. My puppy..' Tears start to stream down my face, but I try to cover it.. My mom had a sister.. She died of a drug overdose before I was born.. My dad's brother and parents died in a car crash when i was one.. My mom's parents are still alive.. She never mentioned them to me, I never saw them.. When I brought them up, she would start crying.. The only thing I got out of her is that they were abusive.. They killed her brother and her sister overdosed because of them..'

I put my hood on and place my head on the table, I glance at my arms, watching tears and blood drip on them.. I thought of cutting, killing myself, and screaming at the top of my lungs and killing people, but my body didn't move.. I just sat there, watching tears and blood mix on my arm and stain it.

"Hey.." I hear someone say, scaring me, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.."

It sounded like a girl.. Why would a girl be in jail?! "Can u go away." I say between sniffles. I attempt to wipe my face without getting blood on it, but it didn't work, luckily she was on my right side so she didn't see my hand. I partially sit up, enough that I could hold my head with my hand and so she couldn't see me.. I didn't want her to see me.

"I'm Merve.. Can u at least look at me?"

"No, I can't." I mumble, wishing she would leave.

"Why not?"

"Cuz you'll be scared.. So can u go now?"

"Why.. Why would I be scared?"

"Just go.." After a few minutes of silence, I thought she left so I lifted up my head, but I was wrong..

She gasps, "What did u do to your face!" She yells. I quickly slit her stomach with my knife and sprint to my cell. I shut the door, knowing the police could still get in. I sit on my bed, licking the knife clean, waiting for the cops to come..

"DROP YOUR WEAPON AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!" The police yell at me, pointing machine guns at me. I put my hands in the air slowly and look at all of there faces, they seemed confused and scared at the same time.

I move my hand to aim it at the first cop, they weren't wearing anything on the face or head, so I threw it at his neck. Before any of them could react, I grab his gun and shoot the rest of them. I put the knife in my sweatshirt pocket and run to the courtyard, shooting everyone I run into.. It felt good to kill, it's not like I did something wrong, they are bad kids.

There was a fence outside so I put the gun over my shoulder and started to climb it, the kids were cheering for me and attempted to follow, but they got shot. I shoot the electric part and jump down on the other side. As I fall, I realise, I was on an island and I was either going to hit land and break my legs again or go into the water and have a chance of being eaten. I was still bleeding so if I did get to the water, I would be dead.