Chapter 4

My mom gasps at what the police officer said and kept glancing at me in the corner, "He wouldn't do that?! I know him!"

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but he did, he needs to go to jail.."

"What?!"

"Sorry, if he stabbed a kid, he needs to go somewhere.." She sighs, it looked like she was holding back tears.. Ali looked disappointed in me.. Like when i first met him.. She nods and he brings me to jail right then and there.. They didn't right away put me in a cell, so I just sat down in one of the comfy chairs and watched.

Once my mom came to the jail, she looked disappointed in me.. She whispered something to the police officer and he nods. "Come on kid, ur coming with me."

"Mom?" I say, turning around. She shakes her head, trying to cover her tears. "Mom!!" I say, trying to run to her, but the officer was pulling me back. "Mom! Answer me!" I yell. He picks me up and I squirm to get out of his arms.. "Mom!!"

"That's not ur mom anymore kid..." He mumbles..

I feel everything collapse inside of me, I was forever alone.. An orphan. No one will want to adopt a kid who stabbed his best friend.. I burst into tears and the police stops walking and let's me down. I blankly hugged him and cried into his vest. I lift up my head a few seconds later and wipe my nose. I nod at him and he walks foreword. I follow him closely behind, feeling tears drop off my face onto my bloody black and blue sweatshirt. He stops a few minutes later to take off my handcuffs, then I remember that I still had my knife.. I put my hands in my pockets and grip the handle. He starts to tour me around the place, showing me the gym, lunchroom, bathroom, cells, etc.. We ran into a couple of kids, they seemed even worse than me.. I donno why I'm here.. He shows me to my cell, lucky enough, I had it by myself..

"You will stay in here for eight hours a day." I nod, "Well, have fun." He says, smirking. I enter my cell and realise I could close the door and open it until the eight hours comes.

I close it and pull out my knife.. I thought of killing myself, then I realised I could still be happy.. I walk over to the mirror over the sink and look at my reflection.. My face was bright red from crying. My sweatshirt was stained with Omer's blood.. I lift the knife to my face and start to cut a smile out of my cheeks. Tears and blood streamed down my face, but I didn't care.. Until I heard the cell door open... I quickly put the bloody knife in my pocket and turn around.

"Hey kid, forgot, but u need to go through security." I nod and he looks at me like I was insane.., "Are u the.." He walks out then walks back in.. "Ok then.. C'mon." I place the knife under my pillow and walk behind him.. "Hey um kid.. After the security, we have to take ur picture.." I nod, trying not to show the pain on my face. He keeps looking back at me like I did something wrong, he had a worried look on his face.. "Ok, so just walk through then go over there." He says, pointing to a photo shoot area just like they show in those movies.. I walk through security and walk towards the photo area. He stops me and hands me a board. "Stand over there and hold this up."

I walk over to the area and hold it up. "So, Ender? Right? Do u want to wipe your face or no.." The picture person asks me. I shake my head and hold the sign up.