Chapter 3

^^This is Ember

3 years later

I'm sitting at my desk working, like I have been nonstop for the past 9 hours when my office door is thrown open,

"That's it! I thought MAYBE, just MAYBE you would eventually get hungry and realize that it's time to stop working, but no! You just continue to ignore your own health needs and work! Well my oh so mighty Alpha I say no more!"

"Lydia what are you talking about?! I have work to do!"

"Nope! You're done for the day! Get up! Shoo! Get out!"

"You're lucky you're my best friend or I'd have your ass for talking to your Alpha this way!"

I try to scold me best friend but as always it doesn't work. She's more like a sister to me anyways, it takes a lot for me to actually get mad at her.

"Just shut up and get your ass out of this office Ember. It isn't healthy for you do work like this, and did you forget about our meeting with the Midnight pack? We leave in the morning!"

'Oh shit' I thought to myself. The meeting to discuss rogue activity in our area and a possible alliance of our two packs. I hate meeting with other packs but this could be a big move for us. Allying with another packs means that your gaining power, just what my pack needs.

That's right, my pack. After I escaped three years ago I travelled around for six months gathering everything needed to create a pack. Pack members, mainly. I met Lydia very early on and we became super close. She's the only person I ever told about my past. Once we saved up enough money we settled down, bought a pack house and built a pack from the very bottom. Trust me it's not as easy as it sounds.

We're still a relatively small pack, but we'll get there. It's most likely my fault that we're not a huge pack, instead of looking for members most days I'm hunting down the rest of that pack of rogues that killed my family.

They ran after I escaped, making my job much harder. I still haven't found out who their leader is, but I found out quite a bit else about them.

Growing up my family was considered 'rogue' simply because we didn't belong to a pack. We lived in a secluded sector of unclaimed territory. But the men who kidnapped me, they were the real rogues. The people kicked out of their old packs for ungodly reasons. They're the criminals of the werewolf world. And on the rare occasion that they don't kill each other, they form their own rogue pack. The pack that had me called themselves the Bloodlust pack.

Me and Lydia go downstairs from the alphas floor where I live and meet the rest of the pack for dinner. I move to sit at my place at the head of the table and look out at the rest of my 50 member pack.

I feel a surge of pride while looking at my new family. This is my life and I couldn't ask for more.

My Alpha voice carries over the large room as I say, "Lets eat."