Chapter 10

Liam's POV

I couldn't take it. After looking at some of those pictures, of my mate being tortured, I lost control. My wolf Vic took over and I ran from the room.

I'm currently in the woods behind the pack house. In my rage I've created a clearing, trees around me knocked to the ground, in splinters from the harshness of my punches.

That bastard. How dare he threaten MY mate. He will not touch her.

I failed.

I failed as a mate. She should never have been in the situation. I should have been able to save my mate. I will kill that fucking psychotic asshole. Slowly, making him feel twice the amount of pain that Ember ever went through.

Alpha, you need to come back. Our Luna needs you. And there's more... in the box. I think it's a video. Jason tells me through our pack link.

He's right I need to get back to Ember, I left her when she needed me. Running back into the house and back to the conference room I see my mate in Lydia's arms. She looks numb, showing no emotions. I look at Lydia and give a thankful smile, she was there when I wasn't, but my mate needs me.

I take Ember into my lap, her head in my neck, my arms secure around her.

"Love, I'm sorry. I lost control and had to leave. What's going through that pretty head of yours?" I ask her. She wraps her arms around me tight.

"I can't go back there. I won't survive it again" Her voice sounds numb, and at the mention of her dying my wolf growls.

Mate WONT die Vic says. We won't allow it.

"He's never going to hurt you again. I promise. He will not win." I tell her. "Come on, you should rest."

She shakes her head and pulls out of my arms, "No we need to finish this and talk as a pack." My mate has a determined look on her face, and I know I won't win.

I see Lydia roll her eyes, "Don't fight her on this, she's a stubborn bitch who won't stop working even if it hurts her."

While I know that they are good friends, and Lydia doesn't mean it in a bad way, my wolf still growls at the disrespect in that sentence.

Ember notices and the next thing I know the back of my head hurts.

She smacked me. My little mate smacked me, the big bad Alpha. Huh.

Jason chuckles, causing Lydia to reach over and smack the back of his head too.

"Don't laugh! Your in the same situation as him!" She says then her and Ember exchange knowing looks. The mood of the room has changed significantly, less depressed thankfully.

"I'll agree that we should talk, but we're not watching that video today. You can't go through that much stress in one day" I say. I can tell Ember wants to argue, but somewhere inside she knows I'm right. Probably her wolf.

Everyone got settled back in around the desk, except Ember who I kept in my lap despite her protests. She doesn't want to show weakness but my wolf needs her closeness right now. Jason started the conversation,

"Do you know any of their names, Ember? Or the name of their rogue pack?"

"I know one of the guards that was always outside my cage was called Mark, but the main people were always just called by their rank. The Alpha and Beta were the main people who hurt me." I hold her tighter, knowing how hard it is for her to talk about.

"The only thing that I know is that the day I escaped I left me cage and realized I was in some sort of underground survival shelter. I went up some stairs and outside and saw that I was by a barn and a bunch of land. I must have been on the edge of their pack, so nobody but a few people knew about me. It smelled like rogues, so I think that it was a pack of rogues that came together."

The rest of the meeting wasn't very productive. They made sure never to give Ember much information, so we had nothing to go on other than a basic outline of part of their territory. After about 30 minuets we gave up for the night.

I told a low rank wolf to bring  me and Ember up some dinner then scooped her up in my arms and carrying her to our room. Even though she is still extremely reserved with me, we're still more comfortable when near each other, so we now share a room.

After eating and getting ready for bed, me and Ember just lay in bed and talk for hours, getting to know each other as we have for the past few weeks.

"Go out with me tomorrow. Just us, no stress, no distractions." I say to my beautiful mate.

From her position of being cuddled into me, her face in my neck, I feel her smile.

"Like a date?" She asked.

"Exactly. We haven't been very focused on ourselves and our wolves and it's past time for us to act like mates don't you think?" She smiles and nods, good I was worried she would reject me for a second. I place a kiss on her forehead.

Kiss mate, my wolf Vic urges me as he has been doing every day for the past few weeks.

No. You know she's not ready and I won't pressure her into anything. She's been through a lot and needs tone to trust us.

Stupid impatient wolf.

Fine. But I'm not waiting much longer. I need my mate and we can help her. Silvia tells me that they're ready, they just don't know how to trust us.

That thought makes me smile. She wants us. Knowing that give me enough hope for now that everything will turn out alright with my little mate.

Ugh. Listen to me. I haven't even kissed her and she has me wrapped around her finger.

Yep! She definitely does.

Shut up Vic, your the same way!

I choose to ignore Vic and turn back to my mate. "Goodnight, love"

"Goodnight Liam"