Chapter 26

"Jason, your group will travel along the west side of their territory, all the way up until your at their north boarder. Lydia, your group will be on the east."

I see Jason cringe at the thought of Lydia leading a group and being separated from him.

"No Jason. I need her. She is one of my top warriors and my Beta, she will lead a group. If Liam can trust me to separate from him, you can trust Lydia." she puts a hand on his arm and nods, they have a brief talk through their mate link. I continue,

"I will be at the south and Liam at the west. We have contacted other packs, they have sent over some warriors to support us, they will be here tomorrow. In return we have promised our loyalty and a shit ton of money. Jason since your group has the farthest to travel, you will leave tomorrow with your 50 warriors. Camp out and keep me updated." 

He nods. Liam starts talking, "We will attack all at once, in two days. 10 from each group will stay in human form to search for Marianna, Embers mother. Whoever find her will let us know and keep her safe until we arrive. If you are not the ones to find her, one we give the signal, shift and join the fight. Hopefully by then it's almost over."

I look at the faces of my pack members. Not many said that they didn't want to fight. Just those who were worried for their children, and I completely understand and respect that choice. Those in front of me look prepared. They all have been training hard for months, years even. A slight bit of fear lies within each of their eyes, but it'd be stupid not to have any fear. 

I guess that makes me stupid. I'm not afraid. At least not for me. Yes, I worry about Liam and my friends, but I know that they are fighters, they can protect themselves.

And I worry for my mom. What if we get there too late?

But I don't have fear. I know that I can't control what will happen. I know that my pack and our allies will fight with everything we have, and not take no for an answer. 

We end the meeting early, me saying to the pack, "Go. Go and be with your mates, friends, families. Be happy. I don't know the consequences of this fight, nobody does. Love each other and be happy tonight. Thank you all."

Me and Liam go and do the same. For a while we mingle with the pack. Especially Lydia and Jason, those who we are closest to. I love my pack, they are all my family, but we are a group who should never be separated. 

However, while I love those two, I love my mate more. After a while of being with friends, laughing and having fun, me and Liam disappear to our room. More than anything I just want some time with my mate.

Laying in Liam's arms, my wolf is completely happy. She's able to have time to communicate with Vic while we lay here. Me and Liam haven't had much time to talk about everything, and it's nice to be able to.

"How're you feeling about this, Love? Your mom, I mean." he questions

"I don't know..I was alone for so long, and then I found you. I was still getting used to the fact that I have you now, you know? not in a bad way, but in the way of I was thinking about our future. Now I might be able to have a mom again"

"I've been thinking of our future too, and having you with me makes me happier than I've ever been."

"Me too, babe" I say and lift my head to place a kiss on his jaw. "I thought I would have to go through everything alone. Every girl dreams of her family there at her wedding, or when her children are born, I didn't think I would be able to have that. I still won't have my dad or brother, but I might be able to have my mom.. that's more than I've allowed myself to dream over for years" 

"We'll get her back, Ember. I promise. No matter what happens, though, remember that you do have a family. You have Lydia, Jason, and the whole pack. You will always have me."

"Thank you" I shift my body so that I can reach him better and kiss him, putting enough passion and love in the kiss so that he knows just how much I need him. 

He pulls away and looks at me with a smirk, "Mmm so your thinking of kids huh?" 

I giggle and nod, "Of course I am, I'm with my mate!"

He thinks about this for a second, "You know, we sure are behind the average when it comes to mates, by this point usually mates already are working on their first," 

"Well we did wait longer than normal to mark.. and mate."

He pulls me closer and kisses me, "How many do you want?"

"Ummm three. Maybe four. What about you?" He smiles and laughs,

"Oh no. we're gunna have a whole damn soccer team of kids" I throw my head back and laugh, 

"Hell no! You're not the one that has to push them out, babe!"

"Eh, it can't be that bad. But fine, not a team, but definitely more than four."

I smile and lean my forehead against his, "Not that bad? Yeah right! And I'll give you a maybe on more than four. How about we start with one and see what happens?"  A grin breaks out on his face,

"Well I'm definitely willing to try," he says as he practically tackles me on the bed. I burst out laughing as he does this, and we're both still smiling when he kisses me.