Chapter 25

She's alive? How is she alive? She was bleeding so much that day, her stomach all clawed out...omg she probably hates me. I just left her to die. I ran away, didn't even try to help her. What do I do? How do I get her out of there?

I don't know or care if there's more to the video. I run out of the pack house, shifting into my wolf without bothering to take of my clothes. I need to get out. I need to escape. 

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't feel anything, I'm not paying attention to anything. Luckily, Silvia does for me.

Liam's following you, she tells me, Vic says that they don't want anything to happen to us, but they understand that we might need our alone time.

I don't answer her. I just keep running. I eventually find myself at the lake and clearing where me and Liam had our first date. I guess somewhere inside I knew that I need the comfort from my mate.

Sensing my realization, Liam comes up to me. I shift and so does he. I don't care about our nakedness, no need to be embarrassed around my mate. I turn into his arms and sob. 

I sob for a long time. My mind block is down, so Liam knows what I am feeling. I can't block myself off from him, he's the only thing that can keep me together at this point.

I just left her , I tell him as I continue to sob. I thought she was dead, and now they have her. I know... I KNOW what they will do to her. What the HAVE done to her. She probably hates me. This is all my fault.

Love, you cannot blame yourself. From what you told me, she told you to run, didn't she? She wanted you to live, no matter what happened to her. She loved you then and she loves you now. We will get her back, don't worry.

We stand there together for a while more, the tears still silently running down my face. I just cry. I cry for my dad. And I cry for my brother. And I cry for my mother, the only one I have some hope of getting back.

The whole time I'm crying, I feel the comforting arms of my mate. I'm so grateful to have Liam in my life. I thought he was the only family I would have, him and our future children, but now I have a chance to get my mother back. I won't stop until she is safe.