Chapter 7

Embers POV

Everything's dark, I don't know what's going on. I can hear people around me,

"I wouldn't get too close to her. She looks like she's waking up" Lydia?

"Don't tell me what to do with MY mate! I'm not leaving her side so stop trying to get me to, Beta."

I feel myself waking up, my eyes still closed so everything's dark. Everything peaceful and I can sense that people are around me so I calmly wake up and say hi.

Just kidding. I can't remember the people around me, so I wake up throwing punches. My entire back is burning and the pain makes me want to pass out, but I push through just like I didn't when those rogues had me and I fight.

I feel the first punch land and hear a cracking noise, I broke a nose. The rest of my punches are wild, only occasionally hitting somebody. Through all of this I hear them yelling.

"Ember! Ember calm down! Your safe it's just us!"

It took a minute, and by the time that my mind cleared and I realized where I was, I was standing up in a fighting stance waiting for an attack. Lydia slowly came up to me,

"Ember, babe, calm down. It's just us. We won't hurt you." She said.
I look around and see Liam standing against the wall holding his nose, blood dripping from between his fingers. Oops...

Behind Lydia is another man, one I don't recognize but who is standing suspiciously close to my best friend and Beta. By his protective stance I can only assume Lydia finally found her mate. Good. She has the kindest heart of anyone I've ever met, she deserves a good, loving mate. 

"Hurt her and I will tear you to shreds." I growl at him. At this Lydia laughs,

"You're awake for two seconds and your already threatening my mate? Why doesn't that surprise me." I give her a smile and then ask, 

"So what happened exactly?" At this the feeling in the room darkens. Liam lets out a low growl, one that Silvia absolutely loves by the way, and Lydia Simply answers me by saying, 

"It's him, babes. He found you."