Chapter 14

I lay cuddled up to Liam in the movie room, and see Lydia doing to same to Jason as we watch a comedy. After the event of earlier we decided we needed some stress relief time with our mates and best friends. I put my face in Liam's necks as my thoughts drift back to when we watched the video,

Pressing play on the laptop I come face to face with the man who has haunted my nightmares since I was twelve years old.

"Have you missed me, my darling Ember?" He asks. "Because I have surely missed you. I be found you and I couldn't be happier. I wanted to use this tape a a chance to let you know that I will have you with me again, and to remind you of all the fun we had."

At these words I turn into Liam's embrace, needing the comfort of my mate as much as he needs me.

"Business first, of course" he continues, "I'm sure you got my messages the other day, you always did love some wolfsbane if I remember correctly, the addition of silver was my own personal fun. Oh, plus the deaths of your pack members. Until I have you back with me where you belong, they won't be the only ones you bury. I will continue to kill you pack, maybe even that mate that I see you hold so close all the time."

I tighten my grip on Liam.

He will never take mate from us. Silvia says.

Agreed. I tell her.

"Now that that business is out of the way, I have a surprise for you. I bet you never knew that we had cameras in your cell, did you."

I feel my face pale and m blood go cold. No. NO. He wouldn't show it...would he?

It turns out he definitely would. The screen changes and I see my probably fourteen year old, malnourished, beaten self laying on the floor of the cell I called home. The Alpha and Beta come in and start their beatings, but before we can see much else I reach over and slam the laptop closed.

"That's enough." I say, and then run out of the room.

Running may not have been the toughest Alpha move I could have done, but I had had enough. I had originally went back up to me and Liam's room, trying to lock out everybody so that nobody could see how badly that video affected me. Of course, Liam wouldn't allow me to shut him out any more. He followed me immediately and reminded me that I don't have to hide my emotions from him.

"Stop thinking, love" Liam tells me. "Relax. You deserve it."

I do just that. Relax while cuddled up to my perfect mate. How did I get so lucky? This gorgeous, caring man who seems to know me better than myself...I don't care how selfish it is of me, but I can't bring myself to leave him. Even though it would be safer for everyone if I left. I can't. I love him too much.

Omg....I love him. I smile and hold on to my mate. Maybe it's time I finally let him in, he's probably waited long enough...