Chapter 21

Liam's POV

The Alpha rogue addresses my pack, saying that he will kill them until he gets to Ember.

At the thought of him taking her I let out a menacing grow, warning him not to mess with my mate.

I can tell that Ember is struggling. She's trying to look brave and strong, and to everybody else that's exactly what she is. But to me, her mate, she is terrified. I feel waves of her emotions mixed with mine.

Fear. Shame. Hate. But there's nothing I can do to help her. Anything I do will let them know how she's feeling, and that's clearly not what she wants. After the rogues leave, completely out of view, we all shift back to our human forms and Ember collapses to the ground. Her eyes roll back into her head and she's gone. I turn to some warriors,

"Track them. Don't get caught but this is our chance to get ahead. Keep me informed"

"Yes, Alpha" they say and leave to form a group of trackers.

While I did that Lydia had gone over to Ember, shaking her to try to wake her up.

I walk over to her and scoop Ember into my arms. We head back to the pack house, the pack in wolf form and me running in human form with my mate in my arms. 

A few hours later and Ember still hasn't woken up. Vic is going crazy inside me, and Lydia and Jason are nervous about the health of their Luna. Overall, were all in pretty bad moods right now. 

"Why wont she just WAKE UP" I yell. 

"Yelling won't make it happen any faster Liam!" yells Lydia. "Actually it'll just freak her out, so SHUT UP"

"DO NOT YELL AT ME. I AM STILL YOUR ALPHA" this time it's Vic who does the yelling, I know that it wont help Ember, but he is still a wolf that demands respect.

Jason stops us both, "Alpha, I'm sure that she meant no disrespect," he says with a pointed look to Lydia. "She is just worried about Ember the same as you. We should let Ember rest" 

With that he pulls Lydia out of the room, leaving me to sit with Ember. I lift up her sleeping form and move us so that her back is against my chest. "Come on, love. Come back to us"