09: choices

"Hey, what's up?" Jungkook queried as soon as she pulled her into the emergency stairwell, hidden from others. "I was just talking to my sister when you called—"

His eyes widened when she crashed her lips on his, inviting him into a rather heated kiss. He was so close to giving in, his fingers digging onto the flesh of her waist just underneath her white coat when he heard someone speaking from the hallway. He quickly broke away and pushed her against the wall in an attempt to hide from the people on the other side of the door who might hear them, or worse, see them having an affair.

"You almost got us found out." He whispered to her as he got his hand over her mouth.

She smiled softly with her eyes as she lift his hand over her mouth and said, "Almost."

"Lee Injoo, don't you have a surgery to attend to? The surgery can't start without the anesthetist around." Jungkook said, slowly withdrawing his hands from her which she didn't like.

"I know." Injoo replied in a matter of factly manner and then she whipped her hair back to put her hair up. "You're being too harsh on me you know? The surgery is scheduled at 2pm. I have one more hour. Is it so bad to want to see you before I spend the next 2-4 hours being in an operating room with Min Yoongi? You know how dreadful he is."

Jungkook only chuckled then he pulled her by the waist and once again caught her lips so suddenly that she forgot to breathe for a moment until he lets go of her and she stood on her own feet again. "I missed you too if that's what you meant."

"Who says that's what I meant?" She rolled her eyes after recovering. Lee Injoo, the most competent anesthetist in the whole hospital, has a rather difficult attitude. She's competitive in nature and very stubborn when she knows she's right.

"We both know that's what you mean." Jungkook propped one of his hands beside her head, leaning closer until his lips hovers over hers. "Because you wouldn't be here kissing me if it wasn't."

"Fuck Jeon Jungkook. You're hot." Injoo pulls him in again and this time their bodies collide and the attraction becomes too much which led them unable to feel the presence of someone else in the staircase above them.

Yoongi was quietly eating his lunch, a single kimbap from the convenience store when two idiots decided to barge into his special eating place and ruin his appetite. Ah, of course, someone always has to ruin it and right before his surgery, he thought. Yoongi knew that Lee Injoo kept his manwhores close but he didn't know that she kept him this close. In the same hospital and they're sneaking around under everyone's fucking noses like it isn't already that obvious. But it's fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with work. At least, she's actually one of the people who's good at what they do unlike some people who are just here because their families owned shares. Lee Injoo isn't half bad. That's why Yoongi chose her to be in his team. She can just a be a little bitch sometimes but it's nothing he can't handle.

He exited the emergency stairwell and was throwing the plastic wrapper of his lunch in the trash bin when a couple of interns passed by. They greeted him and quickly went on their business. A smirk fell upon his face whenever he sees the terror on their faces. He's Min Yoongi after all.

☎️

"So? What did Hoseok say?" Nanhee had her brother, Jungkook, in a corner as she asked him. "Did he agree?"

"Yeah. He said he could talk." Jungkook replied, seeing how happy that made her half sister. "But you know, it doesn't change the fact that you're sleeping with Jimin. That was a really dumb move."