22.5; the sound of peace

author's note;
I used one of the OSTs of an anime that I love. 🥰💖
This piece reminds me of classical music.
Some say it's a happy Fur Elise, but for me it's Chopin's Minute Waltz.

Anyway, this chapter is just a side story but I'm sure you'll enjoy it 😉

🌳

Min Yoongi exhaled as he peeled the white coat off his shoulders, followed by the atrocious looking pale blue scrubs that he has been wearing for 15 hours. Almost like a second skin. That was his job.

He changed into plain clothes that will make him easily disappear in a crowd. He was never one to stand out anyway. He likes being away from people as much as possible but that makes his job a huge contrast because as a doctor, you cannot avoid interactions with people. It's just impossible which is why he doesn't enjoy it.

Yoongi doesn't believe that one has to like one's occupation in order to become happy. That's just petty excuse that weak people make up. A job is just a job. You don't have to make it your life. That's the reason why he cannot ever tolerate such bullshit.

All that matters to Yoongi is his personal space. He strictly drew a line between his personal and professional matters. When he's off duty, no one— absolutely no one— can make him go to work when it's his day off. Not even the Director. He takes his profession seriously and his private life with grave seriousness.

However recently, he noticed that there has been a change in his usual routine. Yoongi zipped up his bag and began loading his camping equipment in his Jeep Wrangler, seeing to it that he doesn't forget anything.

He put on his waterproof coat because it was raining hard

He put on his waterproof coat because it was raining hard. Yoongi drove away from his garage, sipping his homemade brewed coffee on the road, and after a few minutes, he realized that he did forget something.

Yoongi picked up his phone and connected it to  the car's Bluetooth before dialing someone's number. It rang three times before a groggy voice answered. He very much expected this, "Did you just wake up?"

"It's 3am.." The guy groaned. Yoongi heard rustling from the background and a couple of curse words, making him sigh but he kept his calm. His words sliced through the noisy background as the person he called is busy jumping everywhere, "Get your shit together. I'm picking you up in 10 minutes."

"Give me 20 minutes." Taehyung rambled, throwing random things in his bag. "I'm not yet ready."

"I don't care." And with that, Yoongi hung up the phone.

Early mornings are really rough for Taehyung, especially when the rain is pouring hard, perfect sleeping in weather. The rain drops hitting the roof brings a familiar peacefulness, however, Yoongi has his own definition of peace. For him, the sound of peace is being isolated from civilization, in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by trees with a gushing river nearby or a lake where you can fish.