25; everything will be okay

It's my day off today and I pretty much have nothing to do. Maybe I'd go apartment hunting today since I have a lot of time to spare. Maybe I could invite Y/N? It'd be like a date. Well, kind of.

Why did I suddenly get excited over that? My cheeks feel tight just by thinking about walking along side her. But she hasn't messaged me since that time I stayed with her when she was sick. Is she busy again? I'm a little worried.

I stood up and dressed, I'm coming over to her place to ask her personally. I just wore my usual casual clothes. I don't want her to think it's really a date, even though to me, it is. I want to take her somewhere nice if we ever have an official date.

I arrived at her place and, as I about to walk up the stairs, I bumped shoulders with a guy wearing a black shirt. He grinned at me as he pulled the zipper of his jeans up. I followed him with my eyes until he was out of sight and that's when I realised that he was coming from Y/N's place.

Urgency took over my body as I ran up the stairs three steps at a time. The door was left ajar and that's when I really felt it. He did something to her. I didn't hesitate to open the door and ran inside. My feet suddenly froze as my eyes fell upon an unsightly scene.

Y/N laid on the floor of her living room, her body bruised up. Her top was forcefully torn and her jeans were pulled down to her thighs, leaving her lower part bare. I couldn't move my body for a second until she moved, more like her body twitched and she began to tremble.

"Y/N." I didn't know how my voice sounded like as I fell on my knees beside her. I removed the jacket I was wearing to cover her body.

She curled up in a protective position, her knees coming up to her chest as she started to sob. Her cheek was red and her face had scratches. I knew what he did to her just by looking at how beaten up she was.

"Y/N, let's go to the hospital." I said and supported her shoulders.

"Leave me alone." Was the first words she said to me. I felt the pain in her voice but I couldn't just get up and leave.

"No." I told her. "I'm not leaving. I will take you to get treated."

"What for?" She cried out. "No bandage can fix this. Nothing can fix this! I just want to be alone."

"I can't do that. I'm not leaving." I insisted, my fist balled up at my sides. "If you don't want to go to the hospital then I'll do it here."

She winced when I picked her up. Her arms held onto my shoulders while I carried her to her bed. "Can you sit?"

She nodded her head and then I helped her sit up.

"You have a first aid kit in here, right?" I asked with my back turned against her as she fixed her clothes. I can hear her grunting in pain at every move she made so I instintively went to her bathroom to look for the kit in the medicine cabinet.

"Can I turn around now?" I asked before doing anything. She replied with a weak yes.

Y/N sat on the bed with my jacket over her lap, "Can you help me remove my jeans? I can't bend over."

I nodded and helped her pull her pants past her ankles and set it aside so I can start disinfecting her cuts. I quietly sat beside her, treating her wounds as gently as I could. "Just bear with it a little.."

When I was done with her face, I placed a small bandaid over her cheekbone where a small cut was. "Where else does it hurt?"

She was silent then I realised that I shouldn't have asked her that. I grabbed the ointment and looked at her, "Can I put this on your bruises?"