18; cold spring

The seasons changed once again and here I am, away from everything I have ever known. In a remote place, was it a the best choice that I could make? Some days it was, when I am grateful waking up to fresh air and warm sunlight and when I miss my mother, my friends that are also like my family, it wasn't.

It's now been a year and I am looking forward to moving back to the city after spending the past year as part of the medical team to promote and honour our hospital's name as Kim Seokjin worded it. It wasn't all that bad though, Taehyung was with me, together with Min Yoongi as our Chief Surgeon.

There were plenty that I learned from him

There were plenty that I learned from him. Before, I didn't want anything to do with him but now, I aspire to be like him. I want to reach his level, to be as great as him, to be respected like him. If I am to dream, I might as well be ambitious.

"Hoseok ah!" Taehyung ran up to me, throwing open the door of our small rooftop room. "Look who's on the phone."

He placed his phone in front of my face and the whole group was there, "Happy Birthday!!"

They all smiled in the video, Namjoon held out the cake while protecting the candles from dying out. Jimin was helping Nanhee, who is due to deliver next month, sit down on a recliner with her legs up. And someon I know very well is talking on loud speaker.

Dear Hoseok. Wait, Am I on?

"Yes, you're on loudspeaker Dr. Kim." Jimin said, his phone close by.

Okay, so where was I? Oh yeah, Dear Hoseok. I am the happiest when I heard that you will be coming back soon. I'm very proud that you've come this far. You know, you are like a son to me.. or a little brother. I'm too young to have a son your age lol.

"Someone shut him up." Namjoon mouthed to Jimin and I laughed. They proceeded to sing me the undying happy birthday song while Seokjin continued to talk on the phone, unsuspecting that no one is listening to him anymore.

 They proceeded to sing me the undying happy birthday song while Seokjin continued to talk on the phone, unsuspecting that no one is listening to him anymore