16; an angel with no wings

Jimin rushed outside of the operating room as soon as he stabilised the patient from the ER. He was a grateful another Doctor stepped in to relieve him of his post because he surely wasn't thinking straight enough to treat that patient. Jimin paced back and forth in the corridor, glancing time and time again at the small red light that indicated that an operation is still ongoing. He has never been so scared in his life. Not when he was driving drunk or when he was nearly stabbed by a mentally unstable patient last year.

The sound of the doors opening alerted him and he instantly stood up from the uncomfortable bench, laying his eyes on a woman in pink scrubs who he has never seen before. He approached Hoseok when he saw him behind the woman and asked, "What happened? Is she okay?"

Hoseok nodded and showed him a small smile as he put a hand on his shoulder, "She's going to be fine, Jimin. It was good that she was brought here immediately or else her appendix could've ruptured."

Jimin could breathe again after hearing that the operation went well. She really scared him this time. "When can I see her?"

Hoseok was going to answer but the woman did before he could open his mouth. "It's best not to see her while she's recovering. She needs all the rest she can get considering—"

She stopped mid sentence to look back at Hoseok, making Jimin puzzled, "He doesn't know, does he?"

"Know what?" Jimin asked, glancing back at Hoseok then back at the woman with a puzzled look.

The woman sighed and removed the surgical cap that hid her long, chestnut hair. "My name is Doctor Lim. I specialize with Obstetric and Gynaecology cases."

Jimin wasn't dumb. He knew what she was hinting at and he cannot deny that he didn't expect this to happen. He was careful, although there were times when he was careless. But knowing Nanhee, she would be on birth control just to be on the safe side. She always took extra precautions. That was just her personality.

"You probably know where I'm going with this so I don't need to explain further." Doctor Lim added, raising her brows as a gesture, "However, I do not have the patient's consent to disclose anything to anyone yet so the details remain confidential until she wakes up."

With that, she turned around and walked inside but before the doors could close, Jimin called out to her. "I know I'm not in any place to ask this favor but please don't tell her family about this yet."

She simply nodded and disappeared behind closed doors, leaving Jimin and Hoseok in the corridor. Jimin sat back down on the steel bench, his knees felt weak all of a sudden. He couldn't understand how or when this happened.

"Did she tell you anything before this?" Jimin looked up at Hoseok.

"No. I literally also just found out earlier." Hoseok sat down beside Jimin, still in his scrubs, tired and deprived of sleep, "She probably told Jungkook first. She trusts him the most and they're very tight knitted so Jungkook is definitely the first to know."

"That was why he asked me about it earlier.." Jimin sighed deeply, raking his fingers against his scalp to release some frustrations. "This is a mess– Shit. And she didn't even tell me.."

"I know she had her reasons. She must've been scared, Jimin." Hoseok replied, trying to help his friend but he was as surprised as Jimin. He couldn't offer much help.

Jimin didn't speak for awhile as he kept his head down, deep in thought before he finally came to his senses. "Is the baby, okay?"

"Dr. Lim said the baby is fine." Hoseok said, giving Jimin less worries. "It was a close call though. She told us she was pregnant on the last minute. We would've opened her up without knowing anything and it would've been dangerous for her and the baby.."