||2. Love is Pain||

"Love can create a memory
that no one can steal,
But love can also leave a pain
that no one steals."

☆▪☆▪☆

The laughter of children, the whisper of pedestrians, and the sound of the vehicles were mixed, but as Swara felt the world was quiet and her mind was blank. Only that figure was left in her mind. 

A person in his late fifties collapsed on the ground. The crowd surrounds him. Alas, no one willingly came forward to help him. They were more interested to record in their phone video and update status.

The crowd entices the attention of a girl who is jogging over there. Running was the only thing she was doing in things these five years. First, she runs from him, and now she runs from the taunts of society. Raising a kid being a single mother, her life was not that easy. To add wound to her pain, his memories haunt her. He may not love her, but for her he was everything. She may break ties with him. But feelings still linger in the heart.

She slowly walks to a person pushing the crowd. Finding the man lying lifeless, her blood boils. Many passed by that way but none helped him. To add fuel to her anger, she finds a boy recording that on his cell phone. She grabs his cell phone and throws it resulting in the phone breaking into pieces.

"Thank God, that I just threw your phone otherwise it would have been you in place of that." Sighing, she turns to the crowd.

"You people call yourself human beings when you don't have humanity. The place where he is now tomorrow could be one of you. You wish someone could help you, but do you think that time anyone will come to save you? No... the situation will be the same. Like today they only watch. Change your attitude first. Help those who need your help, you never know when you need one."

She runs to her car and takes her stethoscope and the things she needs. She checks the patient's condition, and shakes him gently "Are you ok?"

Seeing him not responding, she calls an ambulance. "Please, hold it more Grandpa." She checks his pulse. She looks for any other movement of his body. She does first-aid needed. The ambulance arrives just in time.

After reaching the hospital, he was moved on a stretcher to the emergency ward. She gathers her team and starts instructing them. She attaches ECG to his body. Then take blood samples for examination. She places the heel of one hand in the center of the chest with the other hand on top and places her hands in the middle of the lower half of the sternum. Sensing him breathless oxygen tubes connected to his nose.

His heartbeat finally becomes steady. "He's stable now. Operation is successful Dr. Maheshwari. You did an incredible job." The smile inflicts on her face, the happiness of saving someone's life. Swara continued her studies after leaving Sanskar. Now she's a cardiologist. Once she thought to quit it due to Sanskar. When she left him it didn't matter to her anymore what he liked or not. Though deep inside it did.

Being a heart doctor (cardiologist), she fixed many broken hearts, but her? The only heart she could not fix was hers. It has been broken to the extent that unable to retrieve it. She tries hard to forget him, but his memories are rooted in her heart making it impossible.

She remembers the day when she met Sanskar for the first time. Only if she knew that day, it was all a lie.

Being a ten-year kid, what could hurt more than hearing about parents getting a divorce? Her childhood was shattered when her parents decided to walk apart. What parents do not know is the feelings of the kids. They only care about theirs, but what about kid mentality? Don't they need both? Can a single parent complete a family? She pleads to her parents not to separate. Alas, they didn't pay heed to her.