||3. Once a Jerk always a Jerk||

"I used to love you
I still love you
I will keep loving you."

☆▪☆▪☆

"Long time no see." A shudder descends Swara's spine. Her throat dries and she slowly straightens up, turning around. She squeezes her eyes shut and prays all this to hallucination. Her knees weaken realizing the voice. That voice which she can never forget even in her dream. It belongs to the guy she once loved deeply and gave her all.

After five years, she could not believe her eyes that she would be seeing him again. How much she wished for a black hole to appear below and swallow up her now. Her heart was not ready for any of this.

All the memories came crashing down. One after another. All the memories that she had buried deep inside of her for years came splashed down like ice-cold water. She felt a strange sensation in her heart.

Sanskar...

Sanskar was here.

She felt like crying.

She felt like curling into a ball.

Sanskar stayed in London for five years and became a successful singer. Now and then she would see magazines where he would be featured on the front page, and though she tried to ignore them she would find herself looking at his pictures. But then she would remember the last look he had given her before she left him.

It was the moment she dreaded for the past five years. "How have you been these years Swara?" Asked a familiar voice as she turned on her heels to leave immediately. Seeing him after five years, instead of getting happy she was frightened. The only thought swirling in her mind 'Why is he here?'

That too now!

"I led a good life. Are you now satisfied?" She gave him a derisive smile. This was not a fairytale that Prince Charming to come, look after her, and happily ever after. She is not an angel to forgive him easily.

In the past, every time she saw Sanskar, her eyes would light up in joy, but now, she was looking at him with such an emotionless gaze.

Anything could she forget, but not his treachery. She could not digest the fact, that he juggled friendship. The pain she went through for five years, his abrupt realization could not banish it.

He starts strolling near her. With his every footstep her heartbeat raises, and she steps backward until her back touches the wall.

"Let me go," She wanted to scream but it came out as a silent plea.

"I won't make the same mistake again sweetheart. Once I let you go, now I can't." He said looking at her eyes. If it was old Swara she would have believed his words. But this Swara not gonna fall for his words.

She opens her mouth to say something. Before she could react, he slams his lips on her. His actions were overbearing and wild and came with a hint of brutality. It was almost as if this kiss was meant to punish. Their hot breaths mingled together, and the temperature of their bodies slowly rose.

Swara was furious as she felt humiliated.

What did he take her for?

A girl at his beck and call?

She hits on his shoulders and tries to push him. Alas, his hold was too strong. She could not dodge or escape, she was like a trapped animal as he imprisoned her in his arms.

Given the way he was treating her, it was likely that he saw her as nothing more than a toy.

His kiss became deeper and deeper. It was forceful.

If this had been in the past, Swara would have responded passionately and happily. Now, all that was left in her heart was hurt and pain. As the kiss got deeper, so did the intensity of the pain in her heart.

She could not let the same flame burn her again. She pressed against his stomach and pushed him off with all the might she could muster giving a tight slap across his cheek. Her breathing was hard and heavy. Her fingerprints were imprinted on his face.

How could he kiss just like that? Does he not have any kind of respect for her feelings?

Not single sorry, nothing. He just kissed her like that. Indeed she anticipated him to back to her. She waited for him. But five years is too long. He came late. Now when she almost trying to move on, he poked into her life. As if she let it happen. His behavior infuriates her.

"You slapped me, sweetheart. You deserve punishment." She flinched in fear. He lowers his face to the crook of her neck and kisses them. Then he stepped back with a wink. She fixes her clothes and keeps up the distance between them, staring at him with hatred.

Once a jerk will always be a jerk!

"You always wanted one thing from me. That's my body. It's called lust. Not love." She hollered feeling disgusted.

He felt ashamed of his doing. "Swara... I---" Certainly he did not want to kiss her. Seeing her after five years he lost his control. He came to apologize, but what he has done. He just lost his last chance to get her.

Swara turned and headed straight to where Nirav was waiting for her.

"Let's leave quickly."

Looking at her curiosity to leave, Nirav was surprised, "What's wrong?"

"There is someone I don't want to see." She replied hastily. Nirav peeks at her back and sees Sanskar. He held her protectively in the arm and strolls to the parking slot. Not before giving a death glare to Sanskar.

"I don't want to see you again in that condition Swara," Nirav whispered, more to himself.

"He didn't ask once about a baby." She muttered. Sanskar never loved her, she could accept that. But he had no love for his child. As if he cared about the baby! What could expect from a guy who did not stop the pregnant woman from leaving at midnight?

"Did you say something?" Nirav queries, she shakes her head.

☆▪☆▪☆

She made her way to a room with all of Sanskar's words reverberated in her mind. "I won't make the same mistake again?" Did he mean it? His actions say otherwise. Why did he come when she trying hard to move on? She hardly mended her heart, but his reappearance stirred her heart. If this went on, she definitely would make the same mistake.

Swara was not willing to go through that pain for a second time. 

Entering the room, her eyes fell on a sleeping princess which made her relax. She steps to her and drapes a blanket on her. Siyali, her only hope to live.

She went to take a shower. After turning on the tap, Swara wiped her mouth with the cold water and gargled several times. However, the strange feeling didn’t disappear. Silent tears plunge from her eyes. She will not let him win over her easily. With that thought, she slips into a nightgown. Then lay beside Siya.

When sun rays peek inside the room, Siyali wakes up. Like routine, she eyes her mother who sleeping. She jumps off the bed and walks to her bedside. Swara suddenly turns to the opposite side. Her hand hits the table at her side making a diary fall.

Siya took the diary and kept it in its place. What stuns her is the photo on the floor, she picks it up and acutely sees the photo. "Friend." Her eyes widen in surprise, and the photo tumbles from her hand.