||4. He's upto something||

"You're like air to me,
I felt emptiness the moment
you left me."

~ Sanskar

☆▪☆▪☆

Her mother has a photo of her friend, that surprised Siyali. She stares keenly at the photo. Noticing her mother crawling, she keeps the picture inside the diary. However the question never left her mind. What was the connection between her friend and Mumma? Little did she know who her friend was!

Will she ever get to know who is he?

Or if she did what would have been her reaction?

Only time will answer those questions.

"There is something I hate more than anything in life. When people like you with little brains nagging other people's life. Stay away from me."

"Ewww! Swara stop sticking around me! Stay away from me."

"Don't you have other work than being around me!"

"For God's sake, Swara leave me alone!"

Memories are never as perfect as we imagine. They are all flawed like blurred photos. Swara woke up with a vague memory of what happened five years before. People say that time makes things hurt less, but she wakes up each morning with the same misery. How she wished it was just a nightmare. But unfortunately, they were not.

They were more than just a nightmare. A haunting memory. A memory that invaded her soul every night. These dreams are the worst kind of torture. Reliving them over and over again was like an unforgettable torture for her. And unfortunately, she has no power to stop them.

For years she has managed to shut down her emotions. They were successfully hidden in her heart. But then he showed up right in front of her unexpectedly. Sanskar's entry again in her life made it terrible. She scolds herself for letting her mind think of Sanskar again and again. Seeing Siyali, she relaxed a bit and composed herself.

"Siyu you're awake?" She asked, snapping out of her thoughts. Swara glanced over the clock hanging on the wall. Her eyes pop out seeing the time. She had to get ready for work. It's already 8. She even has to make Siyali ready for school. It had been routine, being a sleepy head, Swara wakes late.

"Oh no! I'm getting late." She said fleeing to the washroom.

After a few minutes, "Here's your tiffin... oh no... you're not ready. School bus may come anytime."

"What to do?" She started panicking and rushed her into the bathroom to wash her up. Then she placed her before the dining table.

Meanwhile, her cell buzzed. "Oh... no!" Seeing the hospital number, she had to receive the call.

"Doctor Maheshwari, there's an emergency!" There goes her day.

"Yeah, I'll be there in ten minutes." She sighs cutting the call. She takes a quick shower and changes into jeans and a top.

Swara spread jam on the bread, cut it into small pieces, and put it in a box. "Siyu, mumma has to go work now. Here are snacks. Have it on the bus ok?" Siyu nods her head.

"Bye, sweetie. Take care." She pecks her forehead.

"Umm... Mumma... you too have your breakfast," her voice was barely heard by Swara as she already left.

Siya stares at the way her mother went and she sees her replica in the mirror. She gasps seeing her untied hair. Shaking her head, she puts a headband on her head. It's not new to her. Her mother is a busy doctor; she has no time for her.