||7. Complicated Love||

"Don't ignore a person's feelings and
take their feelings as a joke just because you can't see them
in your naked eyes.

You never know when you too start developing feelings and they oppose you."

*************

Swara sees her daughter standing before the residence. Happily, she walks out of the car and hugs her. Her happiness gets doubled seeing a person with her. He opens his arm with a smile twitching on his lips, "Missed me?"

"Ju---" she ran to his arm and embrace him. Arjun is her best friend, mentor, and inspiration. He was the one who helped her to continue her profession during her pregnancy. They met during medical school. She had to thank Sanskar for that.

It was the day when she surprised Sanskar joining his college. He was sitting with his gang. She ran over to him and practically jumps into his arms. That sudden hug caught him off guard. She waves her hand in front of his eyes bringing him back to the real world.

He looks around and finds people staring at them. Girls shooting daggers at her. He pulls her to a secluded place. "What the hell Shoni? It's college behave yourself. You're not a kid anymore."

"I'm sorry San. I just wanted to give you a surprise. Sorry for embarrassing you." She lowers her voice.

"Surprise my foot. Why are you here? You are supposed to be in India." He was already upset with his dad for sending him to medical school, and to add salt to his wounds seeing her (his father's favorite daughter) only intensified his anger. There's no doubt it's all his Dad's play to set them together. He was not blind to see it. He pitied Swara who had no idea about his father's conspiracy.

She was only doing what his dad told her. But sometimes he couldn't help but burst at her. How can someone be so innocent, he wonders.

"I joined here." She says and a smile crept on her face. She was ecstatic about being in the same place as him. Her joy has no boundaries. He is her crush, scratch that he was more than a crush to her. He was her everything, a part of her life and the air she breathed. It can be said she crazily loves him. Despite his persistent rejection, she never gave up on him.

"Great." He let out an exasperated sigh. Nevertheless, despite his rude behavior, she has been always a good friend to him. And that's the only thing he could ever think of her. But her clinging behavior made him detest her. He doesn't want her to get used to him. She deserves someone better. So he always pushed her away. But she never understood it or she ever wanted to understand.

"Sanskar..." a voice calls from his behind. She turns and sees a guy with dark-shimmed glass. He had a cute dimple on his face. Something inside Sanskar doesn't like her looking at his friend.

"Ju, we should leave." Saying he drags Arjun.

"Aw.. man why so rush? Let me see. She's fresher, right? It was a good opportunity to rag her." Arjun walks towards Swara.

"What's your name sweetheart?" he playfully winks at her.

A glint of anger flashed in his eyes. "Shoni you're getting late on your first day. Go to class." Clueless, Swara obeys him.

"And Ju... not her." He warns. Arjun is a certified Playboy. So he abhors him being around anywhere near Swara.

He gives mischievous look to Sanskar. "So she's her. The girl you always talk about. Man, she had you wrapped around her finger."