||8• His side of story||

“Truth is not just a word
with five letters.
It’s an emotion.”

~~ Twinkling_megs

****

That was the time for him to confess. Falling in love was something unexpected for him. But he had to say his true feelings to get her back in his life.

She stumbled back hearing his words. She disdains his words. Did he change? He fell for her. Did he think she would believe it? Dramas and lies! He’s a certified jerk. To be honest she doesn’t even know who is real Sanskar. He’s a good actor. For the guy who faked emotions for 15 years now acting remorse is easy.

“I love you Shonimoni,” he reiterated his words.

Those were the words one should not hear from an ex-husband. Since they ended five years ago. Didn't he do enough damage already and she let him be with Melissa? Then why? She was sure not to fall for his silly tricks again. What he thought she'd just accept his nonsensical words! Why does he want her back when he’s the one who pushed her off himself?

“I know just apologizing wouldn’t be enough after what I have done. Five years ago a boy had a perfect girl in his life. She did everything just to keep him happy. Her world just revolved around his. But that boy did not believe in love and hurt her feelings.

To be honest he was scared that she had the power to make him fall for her. He feared he would fall for her. How can he? She’s special to him. His father indeed forced him to befriend her. But it was his choice that he made her friend. Long back, he cared for her.”

Tears dampen her eyes. She felt exhausted and everything around her started to spin. For once, she wants to hear his side of the story. So she let him open up.

“When they grow up her nagging behavior irritated him. He wanted to run from her. At that time his father forced him to study medicine. Not only that but sent her too. His father's ploy made him lose his sense and he deliberately hurt her. So that she will hate him. No matter how mean his words are, she just stood and listened to his every word.”

He turns away, hiding the tear that slid from his cheek. Her stomach churns. He did try to humiliate her in the past. But knowing it was intentional, stings her more. She stares at him with a blank face.

“It wasn’t his intention to impregnate her and leave her. He was confused and scared and didn’t know what to do. For years he kept watching her, following her. But never dared to face her. He did everything to get back in her life. Even studying a course which he once scorned just for being part of her life.”

She knows well how much he disdains medical courses. He thinks doctors care for money more than patients. Doctors are emotionless. He loathed being one of that. So after MBBS, he joined his dream career.

“Swara, I promise that I’m going to improve myself into a better person. I’m not asking you to get back right away. God knows what I did after that I don’t deserve your love. Please just don’t push me away,” She could see the pain and remorse in his eyes. It was hard for her to stop herself from hugging him to comfort him. She was infixed as the past flashed in her mind.

“Then why have you always made me believe that you never love me? You made me think I’m a fool to love you. Why?” Swara with raging emotions flared up.