||6. One step to truth||

"You're everything I expected,
and
that's what scares me."

***********

While walking to her cabin, Swara could not help but notice people's judgemental stares. It was nothing new. She was used to those stares. What was she thinking? People will notice something is going on between her and Sanskar. It's always people's habit to blabber about someone's private life. She was least bothered about it. But one thing wearing down her brain.

'Why he's here!'

She thought everything ended. When she was about to move on, he showed up as if nothing happened.

Isn't he with Mel now?

That shouldn't be her concern though. But still... she can not forget everything. No matter how much she tried. His thoughts not leaving her heart and mind. She lived all her life with unrequited love. Now sudden attention from him, made her feel very queer.

Now the only thing on her mind is her daughter, not Sanskar. What bothers her is he is not asking her about a kid. Thinking of it incites her. Did he forget she was pregnant before she left him? Frustrated, she tiptoed to her cabin.

After a while, someone knocked on her door. Before she could reply, the door flutter opened. Ridhi barges in and places a cup of coffee on her desk and Sandwiches covered with tissue. The aroma of the sandwich made her stomach growl reminding her she didn't eat anything since morning.

"I know Swaru, you haven't had breakfast yet." Swara's eyes fill with admiration sensing her friend care for her. It was all because of her friends she is alive. They never left her alone and gave her moral support, had been there for her.

"Thank you. It's delicious." She says taking a sip of coffee. Ridhi sits beside her and watches her face intently to catch any nuance of emotions.

"Are you okay with him being here?" Though she didn't mention his name, Swara just knows whom she was mentioning. She shrugs her shoulder.

"It's fine. He needs to know that I'm not old Swara whose world used to revolve around him. I survived five years without him. It doesn't matter anymore." She says wiping her lips with a tissue.

She always thought why would he agree to marry her when he never loved her? She tried all possible ways to work out their relationship. But it isn't enough. When she heard, she was nothing but forced upon him. She knew then it was time to leave him. She could not trap in an unwanted relationship anymore.

"Are you sure? Love isn't about holding back. I think he's changed. He has fallen for you. Just look at it, the guy who used to hate everything about medicals joined the internship just for you." Ridhi pinpointed. Swara, however, was not in the mood to accept it. She instantly denies it.

"He isn't." She interjected. She did not want to hear any more nonsense. The fool's paradise she set up already crumbled and hurt her enough. How could she walk in those flames again knowing it will burn her? Going through those feelings again could seriously shatter her.

How could she just accept him when he said sorry? A mere sorry was not enough to mend her broken self. If he thought she would go back to him, then wrong. To be honest, she's afraid to give him a chance. If anything goes wrong this time, she will break into unamendable pieces.

"Oh.. come on. What you see isn't everything. Maybe he's confused. After all, I'm his childhood friend. What he feels for me is a responsibility, not love. Anyways he's late." As much as it ripped her heart, she refused to cry. She should not let him affect her anymore.