So much Squealing

Frisk sat on the green couch, tapping and fidgeting with the fabric. They switched to cleaning lint off their striped shirt, finding a little satisfaction with the action. Papyrus sat beside them, watching Mettaton perform his show on the T.V. The two waited patiently, waiting to finally find out what Sans had been up to recently. 

The short skeleton opened the door a moment later, stepping inside with a bright smile. Sans closed the door, meeting the other's eyes, his own brightly lit with white.

Frisk stared with an inpatient look, their eyes begging for answers. After a long silence, they decided to ask again. "Hi Sans...can we know what you've been up to now?"

Papyrus nodded in agreement, getting to his feet with a hopeful grin. "We've been waiting for you tell us brother, but it feels like forever! Not only that, but we just know we're missing something! What's your secret plan?" 

Sans chuckled in response, giving in to their doggy eyes. He raised both hands in a defeated manner. "Alright, alright. I've been saving up since we got to the surface to pay off my tab, and have been trying to work more to pay it by today, which with your help I was able to do." Frisk stared, nodding for him to continue. "Heh, the two of you are smart let me tell ya, I can't keep anythin' from either of you."

"Quit stalling brother! What have you been working so hard for?" Papyrus paused, thinking over his words. "Now I'm very proud of you for not being lazy as usual, but it's very strange seeing you work so hard. Something important is driving you to do this..." He leaned closer, a red gloved hand on his chin in thought. The taller skeleton stared into Sans' eye sockets, but found no answers inside.

"Come on Sans, Papyrus and I helped you!" Frisk folded their arms and began to pout.  "Wait. You've been earning lots of money, but had some extra left over even after paying your tab...tab..." Suddenly a thought struck them like lightning. "Tab!" They yelled jumping up and down. "This has something to do with Grillby doesn't it!"

Sans' face gradually became blue as he laughed. He put a hand on his neck, looking at the two nervously. He shrugged, sliding his hands back into his pockets. "Yeah, I've saved up enough, finally bought a ring."

Papyrus and Frisk squealed in the same high pitch. They shook their hands and couldn't contain their joy. Frisk began to bounce in place, soon grabbing Papyrus's hands and jumping together in sync.

"I'm so happy for you brother!" Papyrus beamed. "It's time to celebrate with special spaghetti!"

Frisk dragged Sans into the kitchen, sitting him in a chair as they and Papyrus pulled ingredients out from numerous places. They rushed all about, only resting as they waited for the noodles to do their thing inside the hot water.

Sans sat still, his eye sockets closed with a calm smile. He only grew more nervous as he thought about it, he didn't have much of a plan...would Grillby want something super special? Does he even want to marry Sans? His thoughts swarmed, the skeletons smile dropping in the slightest. Frisk must have noticed, for they hugged him tight.

Papyrus joined the hug, his eyes teary. "Sans do you remember how happy you used to be? When we were growing up?"

"Why? What do you mean, Pap?"

The taller skeleton smiled sadly. "It has been a while since you've been this happy and positive. I'm glad you found a Grillby to make you smile."

Sans felt his eyes fill with tears. He wasn't even sure why. Nerves? Joy? Instead he focused on something else. "Uh Pap, I think your noodles are burning."

"Nyeh?" He turned and saw thick steam rising from the pot. "Oh poor spaghetti noodles! I will save you!"

Frisk watched Papyrus lunge at the stove, giggling as he turned the heat down in a violent manner. They turned to Sans with a big grin. "So." They began. "When are you going to ask him?"

Sans slid his hands into his pockets, nervously tapping the floor. He shrugged after a long silence. "I'm not sure, I didn't really have a plan."

Frisk turned away in thought.

Papyrus returned to the table, leaning on the golden table beside the two. "Maybe you could take him out on a nice date."

"Or to the park.?" Frisk suggested.

"A fancy restaurant?"

Papyrus and Frisk stared at each other before squealing out of nowhere. They seemed to have had the same mental thought, and began flailing their arms about out of excitement. "Ask him at Grillby's!" The two yelled jumping up and down.

Sans put a hand on his chin, thinking it over. It's where we met, where he helped me through stuff, ketchupland...where I started my tab. 

After a short while, he leaned back, his hand returning to his worn out pocket. "That's perfect."