Brunch

Sans' eye sockets blinked open, adjusting to the light with an awful headache ringing throughout his skull. He sat himself up, rubbing at his eyes in hope to push the pain away, though with no luck. Bones popped as he stretched, the skeleton glancing around the room in search for his brother and Frisk. Throwing the blankets off of himself, he got off the couch and spotted them in the dining room. Sluggishly walking, Sans slowly approached the two.

"Oh! Good morning brother!" Papyrus' loud and cheery voice only helped Sans forget about his headache. The younger skele was so optimistic, and Sans was glad to have him.

"Heya Sans." Frisk greeted with a warm smile, their hair suffering from a drastic case of bedhead. From the looks of things, they didn't plan on taming thier mane any time soon.

Sans leaned on the door frame, rubbing his eye socket sleepily. "Mornin' guys."

Papyrus turned in his wooden chair, worryingly looking at his older brother. He was squinting to the light, as if it hurt him to open his eyes fully. "Are you alright, Sans?" His eyes showed nothing but concern for the smaller skeleton.

"What? Yeah, just have a lil headache, I'm ok."

"Would you like me to heal you? It won't take much magic for a hangover." Papyrus knew exactly what Sans thought in that moment, though neither said anything aloud. They both knew that it didn't take much magic to help a hangover, Sans has had many during his time in the underground, and every time, Papyrus was there to help him.

Even now, the younger brother is always there. And everyday, Sans thanks the stars for having such a cool bro. "Thanks Paps." Sans said, wobbling over to him with a thankful smile.

Frisk shrugged off the weird vibe from Sans, he rarely let Papyrus worry about him. They began to wonder how serious things were between the two in the underground, how many times Papyrus had asked this particular question. However they knew that it would be best to shrug off their thoughts and focus on the present. Instead they reworded their question to be more significant. "Is healing magic straining? Or ever painful? Giving your energy to help another?"

As Sans sat on Papyrus' lap, he closed his eyes, a soothing green color dancing around his skull. His brother gently massaged his head in the slightest, answering Frisk's intrigued question.

"Actually it can. Any type of magic gets tiring after a while, and if you try to use it too long you'll strain your soul."

Sans nodded, eyes still closed. "All of us monsters have to be careful, no matter who are. If we use too much magic, we could drain our bodies, our soul of power, and could die."

Frisk's expression shifted to that of worry. They watched as Papyrus ran his hands around Sans' skull, small circular motions allowing magic to numb the pain inside.

"Well we don't lose our magic forever, it restores itself over time. The more we use magic, the longer it'll take to regain our full strength." Paps explained with a smile, giving his brother a hug after finishing.

"We recharge, like batteries." Sans mused.

Frisk and Papyrus laughed, enjoying the analogy.

"Well what do you wanna do? Grillbz works all day today." Sans slid off of his brother's lap, walking towards the fridge. "That means I have the whole day with you two."

"How about a board game?" Little Frisk suggested, watching Sans pull out a bottle of ketchup.

"Want to go out for breakfast? Spend the day together, just the three of us?" Papyrus' smile grew as Sans nodded, still drinking out of the red cylinder.

"To Olive Garden!" Frisk giggled, rushing towards the door, Sans and Papyrus following. "To the realm of bread sticks!"