Chapter 1

Princess Elizabeth Carter

Was that a dream or a memory? I couldn't remember clearly....

I woke up and started my morning routine.

When you're a princess waking up early in the morning doesn't matter as long as the maids wakes you up, bring you breakfast in bed, bath you, dress you up and bring you boring things that are considered interesting and fun for them.

But no, that's not how I start my morning. I woke up much more earlier than my maids. I tied my long dark brown hair and instead of wearing those fancy gowns, I wore a trousers, tunic, and cloak. I look on the mirror, my light purple eyes stands out that's why I need to hide from a cloak. I smirk, now I look like a boy, no one will surely notice me.

I took my fencing sword and carefully get out in my room using my balcony. I can still hear the sound of the night, the cold breeze touching my face. I jumped and land on the ground. I stand up and inhaled to feel my short freedom.

Since I was 10, l'm not really into those girly stuff. I consider it boring. I fight with boys, swim on the mud, climb on the trees and I end up getting hurt or filled with dirt. My sister, Princess Ellaina always sees me being like that, she always wore that worried face and I always giving her a big smile showing that I never regret it. My sister can't stop me from sneaking out in the castle and so she doesn't have a choice but to wait for me until I got home.

Every time I got home, she always give her warm hug and immediately nursing me. She is like a mother to me. When I was just too young our mother died due to her sickness.

I never knew my mother that well, my sister always tells me stories about her. She was amazing and of course I could feel the sadness and the sense of longing of her arms. But I never felt incomplete because of my sister's loving care.

When I turned 15, father King Arthur discovered I was sneaking out the castle. He was so disappointed on me and declared that I will be locked inside the castle for a year or it might be forever! If I won't turn into a proper lady. But if only then, it will be over if I'll turn into one.

I hate acting like a lady! But I hate being lock in the castle!!!! I don't have a choice but to deal with it. My sister helped and wow she was sooo strict! After 10 months I learned how to walk straight, sew, crochet, caring my skin and reading a looot of boring books. But I can't deny that I quite like the adventure books.

Father was amazed and pleased. Then just 8 months, he let me to be free from hell. Thankfully! I am a fast learner! Since he let me free again no one can stop me from my adventures!

But I can't tell my sister for now. Because she might get involved this trouble I'm doing.

I sneaked on the barberry when the guards passed by. I run towards the bushes and open a secret square shaped door at the ground cover with leaves. I took a torch to lighten the dark secret hallway. It's really dark in here but each and every time I walk in this dark hallway I never felt being scared instead I felt much more excited.

I have reached the end of the hallway and saw a wooden door. I open it and the fresh air, birds, trees, wild flowers and the grass welcomed me. I can see the village from here, it's not that far, I closed the door and start walking.

No one in the village is familiar with our faces except the people inside the castle. So I am totally safe in here.

Looking around in the village, it is very warm, it is filled with greetings as if everyone knows each other very well. If only I wasn't born royal and just born ordinary, I could have adventured somewhere far from here. *sigh