Chapter 8

The sun is almost setting and the dinner is as well, but I haven't seen Lord Seth.

When is he coming? It's not that I wanted to see him?! I-I just want this to be over! That's all!

I've been looking to this mirror over and over again.

Is he backing out from the competition? I hope not.

"I hope not?!"

My maid suddenly startled when I shouted unconsciously.

"My lady?! What's wrong?"

"Aah no-nothing! Hah! I think I need a glass of water please."

"Yes my lady I'll get it for you. Anything else my lady?"

"Just water... Thank you."

"My lady, don't worry he'll be coming."

She smiled eagerly to tease me.

"What are you talking about?"

My face are really red and my heart was pounding. I'm not waiting for him! Not for that man!

"Alright my lady, the water will be coming. Don't worry just wait for a while."

Yes I will...

While waiting I saw a book, which my father has given to me.

I touched it

Few minutes later I heard a knock unto my door. My eyes widen and my heart beats so fast. I looked unto the mirror once again.

I think I look fine, right?

Then a voice from outside the door answered.

"I'm sure you're already beautiful your highness."

Prince Seth?! Did I said it way too loud?

I breathe deeply and answered him calmly.

"Come in!"

The door opens and there Prince Seth standing handsomely. Gazing into my eyes and lips that are smirking causing me to try to avoid and keep my composure.

"Yes I know I'm beautiful, I have them from my mother and I don't need a man to tell me how I look."

The maids' eyes widen and his smirk was gone. Look down and stepped backwards from me. Am I too aggressive?

"Forgive me if I had offended you my highness."

"It's alright, you are forgiven... But thank you."

The maids blushed and look from each other, giving glances and smiling.

He smiled, offered his arm unto me and looked into my eyes. I almost smiled back and obviously I'm really stiff.

We've been walking for awhile now, away from the castle. Where is he taking me?

"Lord Seth? Where are you planning to bring me?"

He stopped and stand in front of me.

"Your highness, I know you still hated me... because of the past that had tormented you for a long time. But I hope you'll give me a chance to change that memory that we had."

He offered his hand towards me.

"Are you willing to go on adventure with me?"

"Bu-but...?"

He winked.

"Don't worry you'll be leading us from the secret passages. *smirk You are good at this."

He offered a bag with a dress that much more comfortable and less regal than I'm wearing right now.

"Don't worry I'm good at this too my highness ."

"Wha-what?!"

"Ah let's go there's not enough time yet!"

We immediately changed our clothes and I show the way through the secret passage that I always came through. Unconsciously our hands were holding.... and I was smiling.

We run through the village, no one even noticed that we are royals, they looked but came back to whatever they were doing. It was the best feeling when no one has to care to every single thing you do.

"Oh young newly wedded couples!!! Come come!"

An old lady selling sweetened apples called us.

Both of us look into each other's eyes and unconsciously blushed and smile. Then he grabbed my hand and we walk towards the lady.

"Such a lovely night it is?!"

The old lady said sweetly then gave the sweetened apples towards us.

Both of us smiled and received it.

"I know, I know you can't resist my apples but don't forget to pay young man! Hahahaha!"

Lord Seth smile and payed.

"Thank you! And also to the king! Without this wonderful event, my business won't be this bountiful! *sigh My family haven't eaten properly for days now! It's horrible!"

I looked down as I heard those words. The smile on my face were taken by sadness. It's painful when all this lovely people has to suffer...

Lord Seth suddenly pat my back.

I suddenly remembered that I'm with him... and I should enjoy my time with him, it's my way of getting to know him...

Lord Seth thank the old lady and I look at him and smiled.

Me and Lord Seth have walked around, had dinner and enjoyed the town. I have truly enjoyed my time with him, but is it enough to flutter my heart?

Enough for me to be in love?

After that long walk we sat down into a tree... a familiar tree...

"Do you still remember this tree?"

I glance and widened my eyes. I stand and touched the tree.

"Yes, yes this was once my playground! I've climbed so high, higher and higher until I couldn't reach it... It was lovely... and this tree was...the place we had a fight."

As I touched it I felt something odd... Despite all the memories I had good or bad... I felt something, something I couldn't understand, ancient?

Lord Seth walks towards me I was nervous. I couldn't see him clearly as he walked because of the tree's shadow. But as he was close into mine a smile light touches his eyes.

We look into each other's eyes. I realized that I loved his company and I am willing to forget everything in the past but there is something in him, a wall? But he kept me wanting to come into his.

Those he wants me to climb?

"Your highness... My kingdom has been a friend for so long into yours, and I might not be enough but I am willing to give everything for you."

Then he touched my face and my heart beats so fast.

For a while I have forgotten the purpose of this. I am confused?! Was he doing this because of his sincerity or his desires?

But whatever it is I am sure, I am falling...