Chapter 3

The story behind the secret garden

"Long time ago before mother and father met, this garden haven't existed yet. Princess Marivell Medivi our mother was from the north the Medivi Kingdom, one of our huge enemies before. Carter and Medivi had a cold war where both kingdoms secretly releases spies. Marivell predicted that sooner or later the kingdoms will start a war. She planned on going to the south and propose to stop the war. Of course her father will not agree with her dangerous plans. But her adventurous soul and the seek of justice will not stop her. So she planned to be one of the spies that are about to be release. She disguised as a new maid in the castle. Where she met the only son of the king, Prince Arthur, the prince was nothing like the southern kingdom's king. He was timid, weak and puny."

"Whaaat? Father was weak? I don't believe you."

My sister laughed and said.

"Yes he is, I can't believe either but that's what mother said."

"The prince was opposite from his father, the king was frightening, powerful, firm and very stern. The king was always disappointed to his only son because he was nothing like him. But the prince was a kindhearted person and he is clever. The princess never noticed she was slowly falling in love towards the prince. Each and every time the prince is full with bruises from the king's rough training, she take good care of him. She thought that the prince never notices it was always her who took care of him each time he is out of conscious. The prince thank him and they became friends. Sooner or later they became lovers but it was forbidden because he is a prince and she's just a commoner, that's what the prince thought and so they find a way to see each other secretly. It was the field of flowers. Each and every moment they spent, the flowers were the witnesses it was the happiest days of their lives. But one day the king discovered that there is a spy lingering around the castle. That day the princess was about to tell him everything. She waited on the field of flowers, she waited so long, it even pass in her mind that the prince have already knew. She cried and cried slowly falling to the ground, she seated on the field of flowers... Then suddenly a shadow slowly approaches her. A young man appeared, a golden long hair tied at his back, he wore a magnificent long robe, he looks like a wizard, he was beautiful and his eyes were unusual, bright green and blue. He looks at her without any expression and looks away. Then she look as well towards were he is looking. Then the prince came breathing heavily and she stand immediately looking around she was shocked when the young man disappeared. The prince hug her and said that he already knew that she is the princess of Medivi. No matter what happened he knew that she loves him truly. The mysterious young man saw everything, it seems that he was touched until that day he helped the prince and princess. He created a maze for them. The princess came back to her kingdom and from time to time the prince and princess visited the maze. But one day the lovers find a way to make the two kingdoms at peace and it was their marriage. From that day the garden wasn't visited for so long, but mother visited sometimes to thank the mysterious man who gave a blessing to them but he wasn't there.

Mother and I visited sometimes but when mother died father forbid me coming here."

"But why?"

"Father doesn't want to talk about it. He doesn't want to mention this garden ever again."

"Whaat? Why?"

"You're asking to much question that even I cannot answer hahahaha. The important thing is that this garden is ours now, mother had told me once before, when you turn older I'll show you this place."

"Woow really?!"

"Yes, but it will be our little secret, alright?"

"As you wished!"

Both of us laugh. Now we have arrived at the center of the maze.Its so magnificent, the huge tree is amazing. It is surrounded by roses. I look above and the tree's branches was so calming the way it dances with the wind and the leaves is dropping with harmony. A swing was hanging enough to be seated by two. Like a child I run towards the swing and seated, I'm still 17 but sooner I'll be turning into 18 an age enough to be married. Or what I've called the age of darkness.

I don't want to get married.

I want to be free forever.

I want to be away from here.

Sister seated beside me and gave me a sweet smile.

This day is the best day of my life. I somehow felt being free!

"Elizabeth?"

"Yes my sister?"

"I know you're worried about the marriage... And I had a conversation with father yesterday..."

I gave her a sad expression showing I was really affected by it knowing that I might get married with Seth.

She hold my hand.

"Don't worry my sister, you'll not getting married..."

"Re-really?!"

I hug my sister so tight and smiled so wide.

"But for now..."

My expression changed and she laughed.

"I know you don't want to get married but sooner or later it will truly happen."

"Yes, I know... If I'm not going to get married? Then..."

"Yes, I am going to marry Lord Gabriel."

"Is it...alri.."

I was about to ask her but she smiled differently, she is blushing... She loved Lord Gabriel!!!

"You-you loov.."

She covered my mouth and she is so red.

I did not finished my sentence and laughed while teasing her.

"I can't blame you my sister, Lord Gabriel is admirable. I'm happy for you."

I gave her a smile and she immediately hug me.

"Are you somehow disappointed?"

"What are you talking about?"

She smiled annoyingly, teasing me.

"I heard Lord Seth had change so much."

"I don't really care about that bastard!"

"Elizabeth?! Watch your mouth."

"My apologies..."

Sister path my head and laughed.

"Why do you hated the prince that much?"

If only you knew sister, but its way too childish to tell her. She might even laugh and repeat that story all over again just to tease me.

"Amm nothing...I just hated him."

"Oh really?"

She look at me with a smirk, unsatisfied by my answer. I gave her a serious face showing that I wanted to end that conversation.

"Alright! Alright! I'll stop now, let's get back to the castle now father might be looking for us."

I nod and she laughed again.

We already finished our dinner, I immediately came to my room because I oddly felt dizzy. My head really hurts, so I rested myself maybe I was just exhausted.

I put myself under the sheets, I looked above my ceiling. I am still thinking about the secret garden and the mysterious man. I am very intrigued.

I closed my eyes. I was asleep immediately.

"Rose...Rose..."