xv

by the time ethan comes in, they had to be on the phone for almost a half hour, and i have gone through an entire box of tissues. i look up, resting my chin on my knees, hot tears still streaming down my face.

"i think i fucking miss him." my whispered voice cracks as i look at him, believing that if i didn't, i'd die right then and there. why did this have to be so damn hard?

"do you want to talk to him?" he asks. i know he'd give me his full support, and i thank him for that.

"i don't know. can i just stay here for a bit?" i sniff, and he grabs a tissue, dabbing at my eyes for me.

"you can stay as long as you want, viv."

"don't you have other things to be doing? aren't i just getting in your way?" his mouth gapes open.

"oh my god, of course not. i will be here for you as long as you need."

how about forever?

i wrap my arms around his neck holding him close to me, breathing in his sent, letting it wash my worries away.

i pull him closer, and i pull myself into his lap. he doesn't reject, only pulls me closer, running a large hand up my back. i bury my face into his neck, feeling his strong jaw against my forehead. his arms tighten around me, and i don't ever want to let go. i want to stay here, right here, in his arms, against him, i've never felt this safe.

i've never felt this at home.

i slide my hands over his toned back, and up along so his face is in my hands once more.

i place my forehead against his, closing my eyes because i know if i look into those large chocolate brown eyes i'll be gone for good.

"vivian..." he breathes, taking my wrists in his hands.

i tense against him, this was my worst fear.
it's gonna be just like gray. please no.

as soon as the thought enters my mind i feel our fingers intertwining, his smooth masculine skin pressing against mine, his fingers sliding into mine perfectly, his hold tight, but soft.

i open my eyes and look at our entwined hands. i feel a kiss against my forehead.

"i won't force you...i won't control you." his kisses make their way down the side of my face.

"if you want to stop, i'll stop," he kisses the corner of my mouth.

"and if you want me, i'm yours." he kisses my lips gently.

"what if you don't want me..." i breathe as his lips part from mine.

he smirks, bringing my hands to his lips.

"baby, i've wanted you for a long time."

i'm sold.

i grab his face in my hands and kiss him with all the yearning i have inside of me, sending him flying back against the mattress. his touches are gentle, his movements slow, his kisses...god, they're so fucking tender.

i make my way across his jaw line, down his neck, and i pull at his collar, covering every inch of skin that i can, only wanting more.

he grabs my waist, flipping me beneath him.

"let me give you a hand." i pull his shirt off over his head and stare at the work of art underneath.

he's toned, but not built. he's hard, yet so soft. he's pale, but he's so, so warm.

i grab his shoulders, sending him back against the mattress once more, and position myself against him. i look down at him, and i realize i'm smiling.

smiling like a freaking idiot.

but that's okay, because he is too.

his hands make their way under the hem of his jersey. his fingers brush against my skin, causing my head to tilt back in pleasure.

pleasure...this was pleasure. and i sort of hated myself for it. i hadn't felt this loved in so long, and i couldn't back away now.

they travel up and up and i don't want it to stop. when he reaches my chest i hold them against me, looking him straight in the face.

he's flushed, extremely flushed, and i can feel that i am too.

he raises an eyebrow of question, as if to ask what's next.

i reach down, taking the hem of the jersey in my fingers and every so slowly lift it up and over my head, letting it fall to the ground beside the bed.

"you're more beautiful than i ever imagined." ethan breathes, running his hands over my sides so gently, as if afraid he'll break me.

i continue to smile, and i can't seem to stop.

he looks up at me, laying his arms out beside him.

"take me princess."

i already have.