xxii

i quickened my pace down the hall, swung myself from the door frame into his room, almost throwing myself into the bathroom i caught myself against the doorway.

ethan jumped, turning to face me, his eyes wide.

"something happen?" he asked, holding the hem of his shirt.

bracing myself against the doorframe, i only nodded. he still gave me a puzzled look before finally pulling the shirt over his head to toss it on the floor.

"you gonna tell me?" he questions, completely oblivious to what i'm about to do. without saying anything, i peel my shirt from my body, the jeans coming next. before i know it, i'm standing in front of my husband's twin brother in only my bra and panties.

"i think-"

"i love you." he says it just as i do. fuck. this couldn't be more perfect.

ethan's hands grab my waist, sending chills through me. he wiggles from his own pants, and all that's left is our underwear. should i? should we? all i can hear is the running shower, and i can barely breathe as he seems to be kissing all of the oxygen out of me.

"i think we should." he breathes, his lips still lingering close to mine.

i said that outloud?

"yeah you did." he smiles, cupping my face in his hands.

is he reading my thoughts?!

"no, i'm just paying attention to nothing but you." the steam from the hot water begins surrounding us, making the both of us pant. sweat drips from his forehead, his bangs sticking to his skin. i feel his arms sneak around me, and his shaky fingers unclip my bra, letting it fall to the floor. slinking our way from our underwear, we make it underneath the hot water.

i finally am able to look at him when he pins me against the shower wall, his face and hair completely soaked, as i'm sure mine is the same. his fingers interlock with mine, and he puts them above my head, kissing me better than anyone ever has.

better than grayson ever has.

he makes his way down, covering every inch possible. i grip his hair in my hands, watching him, loving this, loving him. he grips my thighs lifting me off the ground, holding me against the wall, and himself against me.

that perfect, comfortable familiar feeling returns, even better this time. he tilts his head back to look at me, uncertainty and longing in his eyes. i can only smile back, and when i kiss him, a wave of intense pleasure and relief washes over me, cleansing me better than any shower ever has.

we lay side by side on his bed, in white bathrobes, both of us panting.

"can i be blunt?" ethan breathes, turning his head towards me.

"please." i say, returning the gaze.

"you're the best i've ever had." he smiles, brushing his fingers down the side of my damp face.

i grab his hand in mine, kissing his knuckles.

"did you mean what you said?" he asks, his smile slightly dropping.

i look him straight in the eye, my gaze hard and firm.

"every word."

he pulls me towards him, holding me close, his heart beating as hard as mine.

"what about grayson?" he asks, cradling me.

"i finally know what to do." i say, very matter of fact.

ethan pulls away slightly and looks down at me.

"you do?" i nod.

"i'm certain this time. i know what i need to do." and i kiss him with reassurance.